The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stop Calling Everyone A "bandwagoner"

uber_pwnzor

Its generally pretty clear when someone is a bandwagoner. Their posts generally follow these topics: [Trade Proposal], [Why we should trade Luongo], [Fire Av], or [i'll never cheer for this team again because they always choke in the playoffs and why is Luongo even on this team when we have the absolutely amazing Cory Schneiderman who is waiting patiently for his time but Coach V won't give him his shot so therefore we should fire him and trade Luongo].

If you post about the above, you are are a bandwagoner.

You know you're not a bandwagoner fan when

- You actually watch most regular season games, not just playoffs

- you support your teams through wins and losses

- you don't riot

- you don't rip one player to shreds when we lose and realize its a team game

If it makes you feel any better, every teams got them

not to be an a$$, just playing along...

Grammar doesn't encompass spelling errors. Grammar is the structural gel that string words and phrases together for meaningful communication. Orthography is, generally, concerned with the correct spelling of words.

A lot of Canucks fans are bandwagoners, it's just the truth.

Majority of people don't really care about the Canucks or even watch the games until the playoffs. Then they start watching in the playoffs and think they know everything.

Especially MANY of the people downtown last year watching the game outside. Most of the people down there only went down there so they could cause a problem after.

Its generally pretty clear when someone is a bandwagoner. Their posts generally follow these topics: [Trade Proposal], [Why we should trade Luongo], [Fire Av], or [i'll never cheer for this team again because they always choke in the playoffs and why is Luongo even on this team when we have the absolutely amazing Cory Schneiderman who is waiting patiently for his time but Coach V won't give him his shot so therefore we should fire him and trade Luongo].

If you post about the above, you are are a bandwagoner.

I totally agree with the premise of this thread. Just because people aren't completely convinced the Canucks aren't going to come back and win this series, doesn't mean they're a "bandwagoner". There's a difference between supporting the team and having blind faith. Some diehard fans have blind faith and that's perfectly ok. Some, however, are more logical and objective and it doesn't make them any less of a fan.

I fall into the category of more logical and objective. I don't think the Canucks will win this series. I also WANT the Canucks to win this series. Two totally different things.

Bandwagoner:

In sports, someone who shamelessly cheers for a particular team not because he likes them or follows them faithfully, but only because that particular team is the "popular" choice or has been or is the top team in their specific sport recently. When that team which bandwagoners follow falls from grace, they gleefully jump on the next teams bandwagon and cheer for that team.

True fans are quite often critcal of their team. They fully understand the game which can lead to unhappiness over management decisions or player performance.

Deal with it people. You are probably not a true fan if you are ONLY positive about every aspect of our team and can't see any flaws. Take off the rose coloured glasses.

Archived