The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stop Calling Everyone A "bandwagoner"

uber_pwnzor

Some people have to realize some of us have been following the Cancucks since their conception into the league. Approaching their success at times has had to be cautious to say the least because of years of disappointment. It's not jumping on the band wagon that hurts so much as jumping off the band wagon that hurts. Staying on the bandwagon might be the dumb move but for some of you younger fans it's going to take some time to understand that one. It's just safe to stay on firm ground the whole time and cheer. :)

the band wagoners are the ones who give up when the teams down , theres nothing wrong if you accept fate that the teams down 3-0 and coming back is a long shot...... but too stop cheering for them completely

thats a bandwagoner

To me, a "bandwagoner" is one who chooses to support a team when it is popular to do so or when a team is successful.

Many of the students at the school that I teach at are "bandwagoners". When asked who their favourite team is, they often choose the current champion or the team that most of their peers support.

It's amazing how many Bruin's fans we have in our hallways today after last Spring's run to the Cup. Ask these "fans" to name a player on the Bruin's roster and you are often met with silence or, "Who cares? The ____________'s (fill in your team here) suck, anyways!"

Most of the "bandwagoners" out there are adolescents and young adults where everything in life is about being popular and fitting in with the crowd.

Everyone wants to fit in and feel a part of something. It's human nature.

:towel::canucks:

Bandwagoner:

In sports, someone who shamelessly cheers for a particular team not because he likes them or follows them faithfully, but only because that particular team is the "popular" choice or has been or is the top team in their specific sport recently. When that team which bandwagoners follow falls from grace, they gleefully jump on the next teams bandwagon and cheer for that team.

True fans are quite often critcal of their team. They fully understand the game which can lead to unhappiness over management decisions or player performance.

Deal with it people. You are probably not a true fan if you are ONLY positive about every aspect of our team and can't see any flaws. Take off the rose coloured glasses.

I'm sorry but...

Bandwagoners are not welcome here. You call yourself a “Canucks fan” when you didn’t even watch them play at least two games during regular season? Now it’s playoffs and suddenly you are Canucks crazy? No.

tumblr_m16r68Zl0M1qc6ywb.gif

the band wagoners are the ones who give up when the teams down , theres nothing wrong if you accept fate that the teams down 3-0 and coming back is a long shot...... but too stop cheering for them completely

thats a bandwagoner

Guest AriGold

thats a bandwagoner

Hi. Long time reader, first time poster. I am number 1 Canuck fan. Oh my God, do they suck. they have no chance. I can't believe Taylor Linden is still captain, he's too old, where has he been all series?. Come on management do something. Ohlund is probably our best player, and Mats Naslund is injured. That La pear guy is our heart and soul of the team, why don't anyone do anything.

Go Canucks1! i believe in you, herbert valisijeiv. who is our second line center, of course.

stupid gills can't do anything right. Trade a pick for crosby alreadiez. Get rick Nazh.

Malkin Gretzky Nazh Crosby Lindrosz Orr

get the b3st team ever, i should be captainz

I'm not a bandwagoner, screw you. Pittsburgh is probably going to win the cup anyways

what? Who's this Malgin you talk boutz?

i hav big skreen tv, come home wit me...

ladies;)

overkill.

Archived