The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Isnt Salo On The 1St Powerplay Unit

canucks10271999

Yeah, he should be out there on the first power play always. He should also be aiming his shots at the defender's ankles. That's one of the best ways to take out players these days. No suspensions.. unless it becomes too obvious.

Wait, did I write that? Or just think it.

It's probably because they want two left-handed defencemen on the first unit and two right-handed defencemen on the second unit, so you have the one timer and the ability to hold the line on one side.

If Sami Salo and Alex Edler played on the same unit, they would have to invert to get the one timer making it harder to both to hold the puck in at the blueline.

Right now, it's Alex Edler on the right side and Dan Hamhuis on the left. Edler can fire the one timer while Hamhuis can hold the puck in.

Yes you are so smart.

Lets put the person with the hardest shot on the team at the point so he can be shooting at KESLER to deflect the puck into the net.

I rather have Salo shooting on the second PP unit since they dont really play a cycle game like the sedins do on the first AND salo would have more opportunities to shoot if he was on the second unit since he would be the most offensive tool out there.

The fact that we were 0 for 10 in the first three games might have something to do with it.

Not to mention that we gave up two short handed goals.

I think they want Hamhuis on the first powerplay unit because he's more reliable and a faster skater. Having Salo and Edler on the same unit against a fast team like the Kings is just asking for short handd chances.

It's probably because they want two left-handed defencemen on the first unit and two right-handed defencemen on the second unit, so you have the one timer and the ability to hold the line on one side.

If Sami Salo and Alex Edler played on the same unit, they would have to invert to get the one timer making it harder to both to hold the puck in at the blueline.

Right now, it's Alex Edler on the right side and Dan Hamhuis on the left. Edler can fire the one timer while Hamhuis can hold the puck in.

hamhuis on the first line PP is fine for now. salo appears to have lost a bit of his confidence . he looks tentative, positioning himself away from the areas where he would normally blast his one timers. maybe he's injured? he isn't as good defensively right now either. but i know that this is not the usual salo we would see at this time of the year. i believe he is still capable of providing that offense and play a good sound defensive game as well. i'm really hoping he unleashes the bomb next game. ...if he starts blasting shots from the point with authority again the coach will take notice.

Archived