The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Scf Series/this Series:

cmpunk

The Canucks only scored 8 goals this entire series, in 5 games and managed 1 win.

SCF, Canucks scored only 8 goals again, but in 7 games, 2 more than this series. But we managed 3 wins still but Lu gets the entire blame from fans and media.

What does this tell you about our team and fans?

I know what it tells and proves to me about the fans and our team.

Thoughts??

We have no players players that can shoot. No snipers on this team. Hodgson was the closest thing to it, but even that's not enough.

Go look at the philly/pens series. Sure ,the goaltending was horrendous, but there's a hell of a lot of players on those teams that can pick corners.

We won't go anywhere without players that can shoot.

Luongo carried the team after scoring in the form of erhoff and Hodgson was traded away. Not too mention made Schneider look good since Schneider could just come in when Lu was slumping. Schneider never played enough to go through a slump but now everyone wants to trash Lu. For nothing. So stupid.

it means the media controls our bandwagon fans.

the people blaming the series for the first two losses while luongo was in net, what about the two while cory was in net?

that's why hockey is a TEAM sport. the team lost.

the media drives me crazy most of the time.

It means the Canucks aren't willing to do what it takes to win hockey games. Diving does not score goals. Running the goaltender does. One would think after Buffy in Chicago and hell even Bergeron in game 7 last year that the Canucks would have gotten the memo. Kesler showed a hint of this in game 1 of this series but nobody followed it up.

It says that both the team and fans missed the boat on what was a major issue for this team.

The ridiculous Luongo hate is/was out of control and people were blinded to the teams issues.

Hopefully they open their eyes this off season.

Why don't you just marry Luongo? FFS it's only a small vocal minority that bash Lu. The rest just acknowledge that Schneider is on the same level, or brace yourself, BETTER than Lu. Nobody is saying he is crap and if they are it doesn't matter because they are wrong.

A true elite sniper and a #1 defenseman is really what this team is missing. I've said it a few times here and there, but this team has nobody to "carry" the other players like Philly, or Pittsburgh, or Tampa Bay, or damn near every single team does.

Anaheim - Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, Selanne

Buffalo - Pominville, Vanek

Calgary - Iginla, Cammalerri

Carolina - Staal, Skinner, Ruutu

Chicago - Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp

Colorado - Stastny, Duchene, Landeskog

Dallas - Ribeiro, Morrow, Eriksson

Columbus - Nash

Detroit - Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Zetterburg

Edmonton - Hall, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins

Florida - Weisse, Campbell, Fleishmann

LA - Carter, Richards, Doughty, Kopitar, Brown

Minnesota - Heatley, Koivu

Montreal - Gionta, Subban, Markov

Nashville - Weber, Suter, Radulov

New Jersey - Kovalchuk, Parise

Islanders - Tavares, Okposo, Streit

Rangers - Gaborik, Richards

Ottawa - Alfredsson, Spezza, Michalek, Karlsson

Philadelphia - Giroux, Hartnell, Jagr, Voracek

Phoenix - Doan, Vrbata

Pittsburg - Staal, Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Orpik, Letang

San Jose - Marleau, Thorton, Couture, Boyle

St. Louis - Perron, Backes

Tampa Bay - St. Louis, Stamkos, Lecavlier, Hedman

Toronto - Kessle, Lupul, Phaneuf, Schenn

Vancouver - Sedins

Washington - Ovechkin, Backstrom, Green

Winnipeg - Kane, Little Byfuglien, Enstrom, Ladd

Compared to the other teams, we really have squat when it comes to people who can carry the team. The Sedins are support players, but not necessarily the types of players that can carry us.

There are A LOT of stupid fans in this city. The media is no better. This was my observation:

One thing I've noticed is the team's ability to generate opportunities from within. I've noticed this watching the game and the NHL.com shot chart confirms this. We were better in the first two games but as the series progressed, it gets worse. Many of the shots are from the blueline and from along the boards with little to no traffic in front. This can also explain the goal scoring problem. How do you score goals? By getting to the net, by getting your shots through, by generating quality shots. There was a lack of quality shots, a lack of rebounds and secondary opportunities. It was one shot and out. One shot from the perimeter and blocked or quickly turned away by Quick and the play was stopped in its tracks. This is one of the biggest problems we had against the Bruins, aside from our mounting injuries --- a lack of quality chances. A lack of quality shots. A failure to get into the center of the ice.

CBC also showed a graphic the other night of the Canucks shot game from game 3 in the second period, I believe. Majority of those shots are from the perimeter. Again, backing up my point.

I'm not sure if it's the players themselves, the coaching, or a combo of both. But what I said above is evident. Game four was better, two of the three goals we had men buzzing around Quick/in front of him blocking his vision. You can shoot ALL day long from the outside and you'll never score without distractions, and even then it may not be enough.

There are A LOT of stupid fans in this city. The media is no better. This was my observation:

One thing I've noticed is the team's ability to generate opportunities from within. I've noticed this watching the game and the NHL.com shot chart confirms this. We were better in the first two games but as the series progressed, it gets worse. Many of the shots are from the blueline and from along the boards with little to no traffic in front. This can also explain the goal scoring problem. How do you score goals? By getting to the net, by getting your shots through, by generating quality shots. There was a lack of quality shots, a lack of rebounds and secondary opportunities. It was one shot and out. One shot from the perimeter and blocked or quickly turned away by Quick and the play was stopped in its tracks. This is one of the biggest problems we had against the Bruins, aside from our mounting injuries --- a lack of quality chances. A lack of quality shots. A failure to get into the center of the ice.

CBC also showed a graphic the other night of the Canucks shot game from game 3 in the second period, I believe. Majority of those shots are from the perimeter. Again, backing up my point.

I'm not sure if it's the players themselves, the coaching, or a combo of both. But what I said above is evident. Game four was better, two of the three goals we had men buzzing around Quick/in front of him blocking his vision. You can shoot ALL day long from the outside and you'll never score without distractions, and even then it may not be enough.

Archived