The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Clearing Cap Space For Suter

Trade Luongo and sign Schneider for 3.5-4 million clearing up 1.5-2 million.

Let Raymond walk clear up another 2.25 million

Salo and Pahlson take cuts down to 1.5 each, another 1 million or so

Trading Ballard would obviously help out the cause but if not there's around 5 million to go after Suter.

Thoughts?

This team needs to get nasty on the back end, our biggest guys are european, if only Bieksa & Ballard were 4" taller and 20 pounds heavier, I get the puck moving d-men argument I really do, but unless we can address these big forwards like Nashville, St. Louis, Boston, etc trot out, we won't be successful..............get Shea Weber, someone like Stoner from the Wild, clear cap space by bringing up Connaughton, Sauve & moving on from Salo, Raymond, decide if it's Malhotra or Pahlson.................so many decisions & a small window with the Sedins getting older........

If we do trade Luongo, that free's up $5.3 million, we lose Raymond's $2.55 million, that frees up $7.85 million. If Salo retires (which I hope he doesn't) that frees up another $2 million. And if we trade one of Ballard or Bieksa, that frees up another $4.2/$4.6 million which would give us $12,450,000. And also if the cap goes up to around $70 million, that gives us a ton of space to work with. ($18,150,000) So with that much cap space even if Salo doesn't retire, we could throw $7 million each at Parise and Suter, and use whatever is left at some bottom six improvements.

If we do trade Luongo, that free's up $5.3 million, we lose Raymond's $2.55 million, that frees up $7.85 million. If Salo retires (which I hope he doesn't) that frees up another $2 million. And if we trade one of Ballard or Bieksa, that frees up another $4.2/$4.6 million which would give us $12,450,000. And also if the cap goes up to around $70 million, that gives us a ton of space to work with. ($18,150,000) So with that much cap space even if Salo doesn't retire, we could throw $7 million each at Parise and Suter, and use whatever is left at some bottom six improvements.

I hope you realize that if the Preds to go far, not only could that convince Suter to stay in Nashville, but going far will give the Preds much needed playoff revenue, which will allow the Preds to spend more.

Trade Luongo and sign Schneider for 3.5-4 million clearing up 1.5-2 million.

We still need a backup and bringing in Lack will add about $1M to our cap hit.

Let Raymond walk clear up another 2.25 million

We have to replace him with someone, so even if it's a prospect, there's still another $1M but likely more.

Salo and Pahlson take cuts down to 1.5 each, another 1 million or so

Maybe that happens.

Trading Ballard would obviously help out the cause but if not there's around 5 million to go after Suter.

There's still no guarantee he'd sign here, especially since other teams could make bigger offers.

Thoughts?

I'd give him 7.5

Not like the 5 million in Raymond/Malhotra is in anyway useful salary.

If anything.

???? trade Bieksa

Hamhuis Suter

Edler Salo

Ballard Tanev

Money isn't an issue for the Canucks, and I think Suter is an invaluable piece to drop Luongo salary on.

Archived