The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Vancouver Canucks...shades Of San Jose?

TwinTelepathy

No. Being eliminated by an 8th seed in 5 games while holding the second consecutive "Number 1 team in the league" title is more crushing and embarrassing than being good enough to take on the Bruins in 7 games in the final. People said the team chocked last year, but the real choke was these past 2 weeks. I'd rather them lose a hard fought battle in the Conference finals or the SCF than bail out like this. Not sure what kind of hockey fan is relieved their team got knocked out early just so their feelings don't get more hurt later. What foolishness.

Where is Cheechoo these days? Ohh is he proof that just because someone puts up big goal totals one year does not guarantee that he is in fact a legitimate consistent sniper in the NHL? Just because Kes sniped 41 last year doesn't mean he's going to put up big goal totals again, everyone was surprised by that outburst in the first place, and now everyone expects that he will do it every year or else he is a huge failure. I think too much is expected of him, no one scores goals consistently without using their line mates.

Where is Cheechoo these days? Ohh is he proof that just because someone puts up big goal totals one year does not guarantee that he is in fact a legitimate consistent sniper in the NHL? Just because Kes sniped 41 last year doesn't mean he's going to put up big goal totals again, everyone was surprised by that outburst in the first place, and now everyone expects that he will do it every year or else he is a huge failure. I think too much is expected of him, no one scores goals consistently without using their line mates.

Guest BuckFoston

An 8th seed that can hit, generate a good forecheck, has the secondary scoring lines, an offensive 4th line, and solid goaltending and defence, taking out a team that simply cannot FINISH is reasonable to me.....Even if you are saying Number 1 team in the league due to President's trophy and think "oh just because we won the president's cup, we will win every series", then you, I beg to differ, are the fool. Idk, was there any riots today?. Losing Game 7 of a SCF when you haven't won a cup in franchise history and when up (2-0 in the series) is MORE DEVASTATING than losing in the first round to simply, a harderworking group with a Greater team effort. Goof.

Oh boy, I didn't call you a fool, I said your reasoning was foolish, but since you decided to go this route I am changing my mind. That and you are still wrong, plus bringing up the riot added no substance to your argument whatsoever.

Goodnight darling, I just can't be bothered.

Your one of those Dumbfck fans that can't face the fact that this team cannot win a stanley cup 41 years and counting now. Its douches like you that bring the team behind. I feel sorry for the Canucks organization. I didn't know Vancouverites were this arrogant and always attempt to be smartasses. The people yell and burn cars on the streets, yet Rogers arena is like a f*cking library.

The goal tending has been too good for this team. That is why they just stand around in front of the goal guessing the goalie will make the save.Canucks should trade their goalies and get some big D that will defend, and maybe a goal scorer or 2.

Trade Raymond and Ballard and free up $7M in capspace. Go out and sign a big forward with hands, size and grit.

Package either Rome or Alberts along with Luongo and get a big stud dman with the $6M capspace.

Your depth players are the dmen on the farm....develop them if they are going to play on this team someday. If not trade them for someone who fits the bill.

Sign Cory Schneider.

The team needs more size and skill. We have a bucket full of low end 3rd and 4th liners and our top 6 are too soft. Trade quantity for quality.

Draft players with size in order to address this shortcoming in future years.

The Sedins need a big tough skilled player out there with them as well as 2 hardnosed dmen.

Hold the coaching staff accountable......all of them...not just AV. We just didn't have an effective PP or PK in the playoffs and the lines looked out of sync plus lacked the will to sacrifice to get it done.

This team needs a major shakeup.

An 8th seed that can hit, generate a good forecheck, has the secondary scoring lines, an offensive 4th line, and solid goaltending and defence, taking out a team that simply cannot FINISH is reasonable to me.....Even if you are saying Number 1 team in the league due to President's trophy and think "oh just because we won the president's cup, we will win every series", then you, I beg to differ, are the fool. Idk, was there any riots today?. Losing Game 7 of a SCF when you haven't won a cup in franchise history and when up (2-0 in the series) is MORE DEVASTATING than losing in the first round to simply, a harderworking group with a Greater team effort. Goof.

Trade Raymond and Ballard and free up $7M in capspace. Go out and sign a big forward with hands, size and grit.

Package either Rome or Alberts along with Luongo and get a big stud dman with the $6M capspace.

Your depth players are the dmen on the farm....develop them if they are going to play on this team someday. If not trade them for someone who fits the bill.

Sign Cory Schneider.

The team needs more size and skill. We have a bucket full of low end 3rd and 4th liners and our top 6 are too soft. Trade quantity for quality.

Draft players with size in order to address this shortcoming in future years.

The Sedins need a big tough skilled player out there with them as well as 2 hardnosed dmen.

Hold the coaching staff accountable......all of them...not just AV. We just didn't have an effective PP or PK in the playoffs and the lines looked out of sync plus lacked the will to sacrifice to get it done.

This team needs a major shakeup.

Ya I was thinking this yesterday we are starting to become more like San Jose, always choke in the playoffs. As much as I hate saying it, its just true.

San Jose tried the Coach thing and that still hasn't worked, at least they tried, but now they are going to be making trades and I have a feeling players like Thornton and Marleau will be gone, something big there is going to happen.

As for the Canucks I don't think trading our core players is something we should be doing, but for sure a coaching change is needed first.

Archived