The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are You Guys Ready For The Offseason ?

tracyjordan

Things I'm looking forward to:

-luongo or schneider?

-Can we find someone bonafied to play with the sedins?( burrows and revolving wingers didn't cut it )

-Much needed defensive boost as admitted by M.G. This will most likely be through draft/trade. Depending what offers are out there and Lu's NTC, we may lose Schneider. Although should be a great return.

I would like to see us turn to Kassian and develope him with Schroeder. But definately our defence needs a Hedman esque boost and scoring added. Well be better off which ever goalie of ours is moved.

Ready for off-season, I sure am. Too much hockey talk in this city - playoffs just finished for the team and already talking about next year. I sometimes wonder if this 'extra pressure' really helps in anyway. The pressure markets like Van, SJ, Toronto seems to have constant problems or disappointments. Less pressure markets like Anaheim, Carolina, Tampa have had previous successes.

Personally, I dont feel as disappointed today as on June 15 - winning one playoff game indicates some talent / structural issues besides just a bad bounce here and there - even if they had miraculously come back against LA, they may had to face Chicago or Nashville next round and possibly St. Louis in the conf finals - 3 rounds of physical hockey - Nucks are not built that way.

In the end, the Canucks did the best they could so there will be adjustments. I suspect probably 1/3 personnel will change but that discussion can be for another day. Enjoy the summer and reflect / reload for next year.

Sign Zach Parise and Justin Schultz. Ship either Luongo or Schnieder to Tampa for Brett Connolly and their 1st. With their first, draft Morgan Rielly....ta da! also ship Booth, Malhotra, and Raymond away

Sedin-Sedin-Burr

Parise-Kesler-Connolly

Kassian-Schroeder-Higgins

Hansen-Lapierre-take your pick.....

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler Schultz

Blank-Blank

Blank

Lack

Yes and no.

You never really want the off-season to come this early, so no, not in that case.

But of course, realistically, as soon as we went down 0-3, I knew that we weren't going any further than this round. That's why I'm not feeling very upset at all right now. Nothing can top the hurt of seeing another team win the cup in your building, nothing. That took forever to move on from, and no one in this city is fully going to be over that until we win. This time around, I was upset for an hour, then life went on.

This off-season is obviously going to be a huge one for this franchise. We have the team to go all the way, as we saw last year, but there's some tweaking that needs to be done. I'm not sure MG will fire AV just yet. He's not the type to make knee-jerk reaction type moves. He'll think long and hard about that one, but the reality is, a two time President's Trophy winner that is one year removed from the Stanley Cup Final just doesn't lose in the first round in a near sweep.

The fact of the matter is, the forward group needs to be bigger, stronger and better at their job. Raymond should be gone. The return we get for either Luongo or Schneider is going to be another big change. I'm pretty excited for this offseason, and I can't wait until next year.

I think this team with this group of guys, barring any major downward moves or serious injuries (god forbid), is going to be a top contender for at least 2-3 more years. I really, truly believe that we are due for a championship, and that it will happen with this group. This is our time to get something done, and our window will start to close soon so how about we get er done sometime in the near future please, Canucks.

yes iam,

i just finished my schooling. i totally blew my last lab exam. my mind was blanker than the canucks shooting

got 2 new jobs this week

going to buy a new condo maybe later this summer

going to fish alot

playing runes of magic

hope to get alot of sun

have to decide wether to continue in my program for another 3 years or switch to medical lab assistant. was thinking private school since i would get a job right away

Archived