The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Predictions And Possibilities

L'Orange

2011-2012 Season  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well the Canucks are done. First round casualties along with Detroit, Pittsburgh, and San Jose.

Not bad company, mind you. They should have had this series from the start.

The team overall is excellent.

The Offence

Henrik Sedin is a great captain. Strong, honest, and unstoppable. He fully earned his stripes this season.The leader Henrik has become is huge and will lead us to the Cup. No doubt.

Daniel is the team's sniper. One of the best in NHL. They will have an amazing season coming.

Ryan Kesler has only just fully recovered from his hip surgery. His play this season was underwhelming.

He will be back to form this October.

Burrows, Higgins, Lapierre, Hansen, Malholtra......Warriors. These guys give this team incredible depth.

Bitz, Duco, Kassian are all excellent components to add size and punch.

The forwards are stellar with the exception of Mason Raymond and David Booth.

Raymond is too easy to knock off the puck and made crucial mistakes during the season. He has to go.

Booth's season was short on goals considering the player. If he can be the power forward the Canucks need then he should stay, if not? Bye.

Players to consider: Rick Nash and Zach Parise.

The Defense

This is where we lack the most. Our defense is the source of our inconsistency.

Either they are lights out knockem out excellent or confused and tired.

Hamhuis is our foundation defenseman. Solid and dependable he keeps his blue line clear.

Salo is our jedi knight. His calm style and lightning quick slap-shot are assets.

Ballard has proven to be an excellent defenseman is this series.

Tanev, Alberts, Rome and Gragani are a great supporting cast.

Kevin Bieksa, however, is a liability. His sloppy passing, undisciplined stickhandling, and turnovers were a huge issue in this series. Kevin Bieksa should be considered tradeable.

Alexander Edler has proven to be the biggest disappointment. His horrible drop passes to Kopitar et al, were the biggest contributing factor is the series. He was constantly out of position, he was also weak on the puck and pushed around. He needs to go. He's no All Star.

Players to consider: Shea Weber, Ryan Suter, Dennis Wideman, Victor Hedman

The Goaltenders

Cory Schneider and Roberto Luongo are why the Canucks made it this far. They are premier athletes who backstopped a shaky defense well.

I wish we could keep both

The Coaching

Alain Vigneault has coached his last game for the Canucks. He will be replaced before July.

The Canucks are only a couple of players away from being the dominant force in the NHL well into June 2013.

I'm amazed that how most of CDC last year, probably knew that the Canuck's needed to add a solid defense man either at the off season or deadline. Yet, we never saw Gillis get one.

Anyways. The D needs to get bigger. Said the same thing last year. You could tell that the defense was wearing down at the end of the season this year.

I think the number 1 thing we need to look at is not so much defensive depth, but that clear cut number 1 defenseman. We have a great supporting cast of d-men but we need that "pronger" -esque 25+ minute man every night.

We can do that by trading one of our two number 1 goalies. I realize that these type of defenseman are nearly impossible to get/come by, but it's what we need to take us over the top.

Next is offensive support, hopefully kesler can rejuvinate this summer and become a more complete player ie PASS. We have Booth who can hopefully get better, if not trade hime for someone who is a better fit. Either way I think we sill need another top 6 on the RW as higgins, in my mind, should be on our third line.

It's not like our team sucks, we under achieved and some players could still be recovering from last year.

Edler needs to go? Why, cuz he made a few bad plays? He isn't an all-star? Give your head a shake. You can't blame Edler for the lack of offence.

Almost every player had a bad series. The only exceptions are the twins, Hansen, Manny, Ballard, Schneider, and maybe Tanev. What happened to our all-star 40 goal scorer, and Selke winner? What happened to our 35 goal scorer Burrows? You wanna trade them for disappearing too?

I'm amazed that how most of CDC last year, probably knew that the Canuck's needed to add a solid defense man either at the off season or deadline. Yet, we never saw Gillis get one.

Anyways. The D needs to get bigger. Said the same thing last year. You could tell that the defense was wearing down at the end of the season this year.

I disagree about bieksa and Edler. you based other players play on the whole season and then say Edler is awful because of one series?!?! Edler is soon to be among the elite, he is reaching a breakout season and is one of the most underrated players in the league.

Bieksa is a big part of our team moving forward and should absolutely not be traded

Edler needs to go? Why, cuz he made a few bad plays? He isn't an all-star? Give your head a shake. You can't blame Edler for the lack of offence.

Almost every player had a bad series. The only exceptions are the twins, Hansen, Manny, Ballard, Schneider, and maybe Tanev. What happened to our all-star 40 goal scorer, and Selke winner? What happened to our 35 goal scorer Burrows? You wanna trade them for disappearing too?

I disagree about bieksa and Edler. you based other players play on the whole season and then say Edler is awful because of one series?!?! Edler is soon to be among the elite, he is reaching a breakout season and is one of the most underrated players in the league.

Bieksa is a big part of our team moving forward and should absolutely not be traded

Archived