The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Coaches Are Available?

hockey21383

You can't blame the defensive end screw ups on coaching. The stupid turnovers or lack of moving the puck out of our defensive end through the N zone into the offensive end. This is not a coaching problem. This is fundamental hockey skills. If your D is that uncomfortable when being pressured as to cough up the puck this is not a coaching issue. How many times did I see the old familiar I got it you take it play in front of our own net? Like I said this is fundamental defense. This is stuff you learn in Peewee hockey. Our defensive core is week, not their fault in my opinion, they play to their ability and its their ability that is lacking! It has nothing to do with Heart or laziness etc... It has everything to do with ability and skill. Our D does not have this. It seems that every team that is doing really well in this playoffs this year has a D that is stepping it up blocking shots and contributing in both ends. This really can't be said for Canucks. The best thing the Canucks management can do in the off season is secure a number 1 D man one that can make a difference.

Guest gumballthechewy

Bob Hartley? his cup was more a product of a super stacked all-star team than any coaching he provided.

I don;t really think its a coaching issue. We have bean beaten in the last 2 playoff series by bigger, stronger hockey clubs that best suit tight playoff hockey. Good big men will beat good little men almost all the time. LA wasa bigger, stronger and just as fast as we were...with better balance on all 4 lines ...we got beat by better playoff teams

...that having been said...Sutter got LA to playoffs with a change of strategy..and found the way to beat us..

I agree I would take Marc back 100% this guy does know the game and does know how to coach, especially offensively and what this team is really missing, a coach who knows how to get his players to SCORE. Oh and a coach who knows how to motivate his players when they need to be, not just standing there and ignoring his players time and time again when he should be getting under their skin a little to get their butts moving, and having players step up when Daniel was out.

What 'coaching weaknesses' are you talking about? You might not like his lines or who he plays but that doesn't make a coaching weakness. He can only do what he can with what he's given. Is it his fault that players, even his most reliable dmen Hamhuis and Edler, made critical errors that cost the games? Is it his fault that his secondary scoring disappeared at the worst time?

Just to elaborate, you're saying that he's a coach that knows how to get his players to SCORE? Please, I'm sure that there are 30 NHL coaches that would like to know how to do this. Don't forget, Marc Crawford went with Bourgue over Gretzky in the Olympics, probably his worst ever coaching decision, and certainly one of the worst coaching decisions ever.

Archived