The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Giroux Said Before The Game

Merci

Giroux went up to Laviolette and said I don't know who you're going to put on the ice but I want that first shift.

Proceeded to walk around telling his team mates watch my first shift watch my first shift.

Hits Crosby, scores a goal, tells his team to get up and win.

Refuse not to cheer for Philly to win the cup this year.

Giroux went up to Laviolette and said I don't know who you're going to put on the ice but I want that first shift.

Proceeded to walk around telling his team mates watch my first shift watch my first shift.

Hits Crosby, scores a goal, tells his team to get up and win.

Refuse not to cheer for Philly to win the cup this year.

That is pretty badass. When you back up your talk with actions like that, it shows your team that you're ready to play. There are very few athletes that can pull that off.

That's called leading by example.

I'm not really a Flyers fan but I would LOVE to have a player like that on the team who literally says "hop on my back guys, I got this" and then he proceeds to go out there and do that.

We have a lot of talkers on our team - guys who act all intense and act like they're big shots and say all the right things but they rarely back it up with their actions.

Amazing game for Giroux. He's really become a standout player this season.

He's just the flavor of the month.

He's no Sid Crosby, Ovechkin, Gretzky or Lemiuex.

He's like the Sedins, Pat LaFontaines, Sergei Fedorovs - Good, not great, now his linemate, he's with the above guys.

I'm not really a Flyers fan but I would LOVE to have a player like that on the team who literally says "hop on my back guys, I got this" and then he proceeds to go out there and do that.

We have a lot of talkers on our team - guys who act all intense and act like they're big shots and say all the right things but they rarely back it up with their actions.

Amazing game for Giroux. He's really become a standout player this season.

Archived