The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Has Been A Horrible Pick Up

yete

It seems like any line you put david booth on that line stops to produce?

someone tell me what type of player david booth is?

I really think the management struck out with David Booth he has not done much well hes done nothing.

But skate hard and lose the puck he kind of reminds me of a bigger version of mason raymond...

and dont show me the oiler goal it was against a ahl team im talking about the playoffs!

Booth is a good player and will be solid for years to come, I didn't expect him to put up a career year going from FLA-VAN midseason.

Chemistry needs to be built, the AMEX line was showing that but right when they went through a tough spell AV split them up.

Actually, the WORST pick-up is KASSIAN!! OMG!! I CANNOT watch him play. At least Booth got the Canucks award for being the "most excited player" Man, Kassian has BY FAR been the worst, he shouldve have played as a top 6 forward first, he shouldve went down to the Wolves, THEN come up here...My goodness. Ya, he scored a nice goal aginast his team, but really...He cant fight, he cant push people around...and thats what MG wanted...a player who can be tough and aggressive, and trading Coho for him WAS NOT worth it. Coho is a player more like the Twins, and Nazzy, kinda guy, makes great shots, and scores, and passes. Have you EVER seen Nazzy fight, nope. That was like Bertuzzi's and Ohlunds job, and Brad May...So trading Coho for a more "tough, aggressive" player, DID NOT WORK!!! KASSIAN DIDNT DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least Weise pushes people around...not always, but he still does.

To me Kesler and Booth were the problem. On paper that pair should have worked out great, right? Unfortunately Kesler seemed to be off all season, and Booth was never able to find any chemistry with him.

Whenever you bring in a player from a team where expectations aren't high, there's a risk of having a letdown. But hopefully now that he knows what it takes to be a top team, he'll come back better next season.

To me Kesler and Booth were the problem. On paper that pair should have worked out great, right? Unfortunately Kesler seemed to be off all season, and Booth was never able to find any chemistry with him.

Whenever you bring in a player from a team where expectations aren't high, there's a risk of having a letdown. But hopefully now that he knows what it takes to be a top team, he'll come back better next season.

ya, he came up during mid-season, so he didnt really get to know the plays and adapt to everything that the Canucks does. Im pretty sure during the offseason, he will be training and that he will adapt to everything, and play great on the AMEX line next season with Kes and Higgy.

Actually, the WORST pick-up is KASSIAN!! OMG!! I CANNOT watch him play. At least Booth got the Canucks award for being the "most excited player" Man, Kassian has BY FAR been the worst, he shouldve have played as a top 6 forward first, he shouldve went down to the Wolves, THEN come up here...My goodness. Ya, he scored a nice goal aginast his team, but really...He cant fight, he cant push people around...and thats what MG wanted...a player who can be tough and aggressive, and trading Coho for him WAS NOT worth it. Coho is a player more like the Twins, and Nazzy, kinda guy, makes great shots, and scores, and passes. Have you EVER seen Nazzy fight, nope. That was like Bertuzzi's and Ohlunds job, and Brad May...So trading Coho for a more "tough, aggressive" player, DID NOT WORK!!! KASSIAN DIDNT DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least Weise pushes people around...not always, but he still does.

Booth is a good player and will be solid for years to come, I didn't expect him to put up a career year going from FLA-VAN midseason.

Chemistry needs to be built, the AMEX line was showing that but right when they went through a tough spell AV split them up.

Stay tuned for a _____________ is the worst trade/re-sign/pickup ever the the rest of the summer.

I don't have a huge problem with Booth, he was hot and cold like so many other 2nd-3rd line players throughout the league. Could we have better? Sure but nearly every team can say the same. For example 20 goal scorer is considered a moderately good comodity in this league (Booth had 16 in 56 games), but production can look extremely low based on a game-per-game basis. 20 goals over an 82 game season is only 1 goal every 4 games, 2 goals in a single night or back-to-back nights drops production to a span of 8 games. Overall, it make a player with value look like he can't hit the broad side of a barn on a nightly basis.

Archived