The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Has Been A Horrible Pick Up

yete

Actually, the WORST pick-up is KASSIAN!! OMG!! I CANNOT watch him play. At least Booth got the Canucks award for being the "most excited player" Man, Kassian has BY FAR been the worst, he shouldve have played as a top 6 forward first, he shouldve went down to the Wolves, THEN come up here...My goodness. Ya, he scored a nice goal aginast his team, but really...He cant fight, he cant push people around...and thats what MG wanted...a player who can be tough and aggressive, and trading Coho for him WAS NOT worth it. Coho is a player more like the Twins, and Nazzy, kinda guy, makes great shots, and scores, and passes. Have you EVER seen Nazzy fight, nope. That was like Bertuzzi's and Ohlunds job, and Brad May...So trading Coho for a more "tough, aggressive" player, DID NOT WORK!!! KASSIAN DIDNT DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least Weise pushes people around...not always, but he still does.

Booth had alot of red flag going into this season. He had consussion and injuries problems the previous years and had an unproductive season with Flordia 10-11. He also had a really slow start with Flordia with 1 assist in 6 games. Not to mention his BIG contract. There was so many red flags and MG still made the trade.

I don't normally like to use injuries as an excuse for players, but I can't help wondering what Booth's numbers would have been if not for the knee-on-knee hit...

BTW: I wouldn't put too much stock in comparing Booth and Samuelsson's playoff output. I don't believe the Devils are managing anywhere near the amount of defensive pressure as the Kings are.

Booth is a good player and will be solid for years to come, I didn't expect him to put up a career year going from FLA-VAN midseason.

Chemistry needs to be built, the AMEX line was showing that but right when they went through a tough spell AV split them up.

how can you expect a guy to produce if theirs no step up man?

kesler defintely wasn't going to set him up? you had a forechecker.. a shooter and a shooter on the line whose going to pass them the puck? put a playmaker on that line and your good.

Kesler should have taken the first 2-3 months of the season off. He came back way too early for no reason.

Then he has to live up to his expectations from last year, when he's still rehabbing.

Like Anson Carter just said on OTR, you can't play and rehab at the same time. This injury takes a full year to recover from and he'll be back to beastmode version 2.0 next season.

Booth showed glimpses of a possible return to his form from a few years ago. There was no chemistry with Kesler and if AV is at fault for anything it was for not breaking apart that tandem a little sooner. He is expensive but if he can put up an injury-free season with 50-65 popints it will turn out as a good move. However that remains a pretty big IF.

Booth showed glimpses of a possible return to his form from a few years ago. There was no chemistry with Kesler and if AV is at fault for anything it was for not breaking apart that tandem a little sooner. He is expensive but if he can put up an injury-free season with 50-65 popints it will turn out as a good move. However that remains a pretty big IF.

For some reason I remember that when we made this trade everyone was petitioning or MG to become prime minister or something. Just because Sammy is hot right now doesn't mean this pick up is bad. We got rid of 2 aging mediocore players for a younger stronger booth who has the potential to reach 25 goals. Sure his cap hit is a bit rough but we gave up just as much as we got in the trade. In booths first playoff series, he played hard and physical. At least when he wasn't scoring he was doing something. Why don't we look at Kesler, Raymond, Burrows, Higgins, Pahlsson. None of these guys played their best including booth but you can't blame one guy. It's a team sport!!!!

I am still happy with Booth. He seemed to generate a lot of great chances that just didn't find the back of the net. Plus he had to play with Kesler.

Booth scored an even strength point every 35 minutes with Vancouver. Kesler scored one every 40 minutes. Raymond every 43.

Just for the sake of comparison, Higgins and Hansen got a point every 28 minutes. Henrik Sedin every 23 minutes. Burrows every 27.

Lapierre and Malhotra were both at 43. So Kesler and Raymond put up fringe 3rd line numbers 5 on 5.

Booth did not have a great season (hampered with injury) but his linemates were even worse.

Archived