The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Has Been A Horrible Pick Up

yete

Actually, the WORST pick-up is KASSIAN!! OMG!! I CANNOT watch him play. At least Booth got the Canucks award for being the "most excited player" Man, Kassian has BY FAR been the worst, he shouldve have played as a top 6 forward first, he shouldve went down to the Wolves, THEN come up here...My goodness. Ya, he scored a nice goal aginast his team, but really...He cant fight, he cant push people around...and thats what MG wanted...a player who can be tough and aggressive, and trading Coho for him WAS NOT worth it. Coho is a player more like the Twins, and Nazzy, kinda guy, makes great shots, and scores, and passes. Have you EVER seen Nazzy fight, nope. That was like Bertuzzi's and Ohlunds job, and Brad May...So trading Coho for a more "tough, aggressive" player, DID NOT WORK!!! KASSIAN DIDNT DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least Weise pushes people around...not always, but he still does.

TBH i think that the booth trade was pretty darn good. He and kesler either needs a new linemate that is a playmaker or he should play with the sedins and have burrows with kes. I really liked how booth played with the sedins despite not even playing a full game in the regular season. So if u give the guy some time i can guarantee he can be a very good player for us down the road.

theres lots of things that didnt work out this season... i was listening to oilers lunch and they were saying samuelsson was the better player - i disagree. booth skates hard, works hard, throws hits and goes to the dirty areas.... how DARE you compare him to raymond! the only similarities between the two players is their numbers, but there are a lot of canucks you can list in the "dissapointment" category this season.

going into next season, our team is better with booth than without.

To me Kesler and Booth were the problem. On paper that pair should have worked out great, right? Unfortunately Kesler seemed to be off all season, and Booth was never able to find any chemistry with him.

Whenever you bring in a player from a team where expectations aren't high, there's a risk of having a letdown. But hopefully now that he knows what it takes to be a top team, he'll come back better next season.

I like to keep Higgins on the 3rd line. Use this offseason to find that top 6 winger we have been looking for to put on the 2nd line. Raymond is not that player. Maybe Kassian gets a chance there or Jensen has a good preseason. Whatever the case, Booth and Kesler could possibly use a good playmaker. I would have liked to see Booth-Hodgson-Kesler as our 2nd line to be honest, but that ship has sailed.

Actually, the WORST pick-up is KASSIAN!! OMG!! I CANNOT watch him play. At least Booth got the Canucks award for being the "most excited player" Man, Kassian has BY FAR been the worst, he shouldve have played as a top 6 forward first, he shouldve went down to the Wolves, THEN come up here...My goodness. Ya, he scored a nice goal aginast his team, but really...He cant fight, he cant push people around...and thats what MG wanted...a player who can be tough and aggressive, and trading Coho for him WAS NOT worth it. Coho is a player more like the Twins, and Nazzy, kinda guy, makes great shots, and scores, and passes. Have you EVER seen Nazzy fight, nope. That was like Bertuzzi's and Ohlunds job, and Brad May...So trading Coho for a more "tough, aggressive" player, DID NOT WORK!!! KASSIAN DIDNT DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least Weise pushes people around...not always, but he still does.

It didn't seem like Booth was a good fit on the 1st line with the Sedins.

I can't understand why AV put him out there.

For a guy who never tasted playoff hockey, I really thought he would come out hungrier.

Instead it was more of the same. Speed with no substance. Almost Raymond-like.

The Canucks are more of a skilled team all around including 3rd line.

Perhaps the winning formula for a championship team is a couple of clutch game breaker super star players and then a surrounding cast of hard working 3rd and 4th liners.

Archived