The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Has Been A Horrible Pick Up

yete

I like Booth the person and think he is a fine player but that at 4.25mil fans expect to get more consistent production scoring wise. He doesn't play well in his own end and like Raymond is a bit of a "black hole" in the offensive end. Puck goes to his stick and never comes back.....For me it looks like this

Speed - A

Shot - B- (don't get to see him use it all that much at least not on net)

Defense- D+

Passing - D+

Effort - B (doesn't have the effort in the d zone..an A offensively but a C- in his own zone)

This guy brings some nice things to the table with his speed and his size. All that said maybe he just needs linemates that fit him better. But seriously I would rather spend his cap hit on a different player.

I am suprised that no one has noticed that Booth at RW on his backhand and Kesler being right handed at center greatly effects there ability to pass the puck effectively together. Would love to see these guys back together next year with a playmaker (Schroeder) that can feed them from RW and Booth can move back to his natural LW spot.

Booth was a big disappointment. He one was of a few players (Kesler, Higgins, Burrows, Pahlsson, Raymond) that were unable to make any offensive impact whatsoever in the playoffs.

3/9 guys on the top three lines producing will get any team eliminated pretty quickly.

People are too quick to judge. Booth has a good skill set, speed, and size, and with a solid summer of training (he is a hard worker), do not be surprised that he has a break out year next year.

He'll be told what to work on, and with that sort of focus I think he can keep improving. He needs a quick accurate shot.

It seems like any line you put david booth on that line stops to produce?

someone tell me what type of player david booth is?

I really think the management struck out with David Booth he has not done much well hes done nothing.

But skate hard and lose the puck he kind of reminds me of a bigger version of mason raymond...

and dont show me the oiler goal it was against a ahl team im talking about the playoffs!

booth is good he drives to the net has a lot of energy and hits here and there but man oh man when we needed offense he couldn't produce at all, either with Kesler (mostly because Kesler just plain sucked), but when he was put with the Sedins, he still didn't produce. He is definitely not worth 4.5 mill/season. If he has making around 2.5-3 mill I wouldn't be complaining about his play as much but for his price he really needed to produce on the scoresheet, even if he showed energy every game.

The Sedins' have terrific talent and creativity. However, that creativity is fostered by the system in which they play and are coached. You claim AV is a defensive coach which tells me you wouldn't know a hockey system if it hit you in the head. His system is based on transition from the defensive zone out. Good defense creates offensive opportunity. We have been one of the top-scoring teams in the league for the last few years or perhaps you hadn't noticed. You have just had it drilled in your head by the media in this town that AV is a defensive coach. I'll admit the first years' of Av seemed more based on defense but that is because our offensive skill and roster were not what they have been the last few years. They couldn't make the same offensive transition therefore had to really lock it down.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about and I'll bet my advanced coaching certificate from Hockey Canada on it any day.

Archived