The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Has Been A Horrible Pick Up

yete

It was a joke to put Raymond and Booth on the scoring line

They lose the puck way too often without accomplishing anything

They should go back to the AHL

I really thought Booth and Kassian would have done the screening in front of goalies, but they can't do that, can't handle the puck, can't shoot

So what's the point of them staying on the team

Ya I clearly don't know what I'm talking about, I have said from the beginning this team will not win a cup with AV behind the bench so far 5 years correct, do we really want to go another 5 more I know I don't, but it sucks you do. Even more sad to find out your actually a certified coach, who defends this guy as a coach brutal, you really need to burn that certificate.

I like Booth, I think he'll be better for us next year having almost a full season to deal with the transition from florida to vancouver. Playing in a place were almost no one notices you, to a place that eats its own young a times. I was at the Buffalo game, and Booth was the star of that game with two goals, both earned from skating into tough places and getting off a solid wrist shot. That was the game were Booth Kesler Kassian played awesome together, but after one game of mediocre performance Kassian is replaced with Higgins. That move worked really well, for Kesler most of all, but because MayRay is a liabilty on a grinding line they are spilt up.

Give Booth a full camp with the coaching staff and with the players and I think he'll start to play better. If Kesler can heal and get back to form I can see those two really connect! Bring back the AMEX LINE!

Actually, the WORST pick-up is KASSIAN!! OMG!! I CANNOT watch him play. At least Booth got the Canucks award for being the "most excited player" Man, Kassian has BY FAR been the worst, he shouldve have played as a top 6 forward first, he shouldve went down to the Wolves, THEN come up here...My goodness. Ya, he scored a nice goal aginast his team, but really...He cant fight, he cant push people around...and thats what MG wanted...a player who can be tough and aggressive, and trading Coho for him WAS NOT worth it. Coho is a player more like the Twins, and Nazzy, kinda guy, makes great shots, and scores, and passes. Have you EVER seen Nazzy fight, nope. That was like Bertuzzi's and Ohlunds job, and Brad May...So trading Coho for a more "tough, aggressive" player, DID NOT WORK!!! KASSIAN DIDNT DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least Weise pushes people around...not always, but he still does.

It seems like any line you put david booth on that line stops to produce?

someone tell me what type of player david booth is?

I really think the management struck out with David Booth he has not done much well hes done nothing.

But skate hard and lose the puck he kind of reminds me of a bigger version of mason raymond...

and dont show me the oiler goal it was against a ahl team im talking about the playoffs!

The only thing more surprising than the fact that there is still someone who believes this ridiculous fallacy, it's that there apparently are four others clueless enough to agree with it.

We're talking about the 5th best offense in the NHL this season and the number 1 last year. Only a fool would believe that AV can't coach offense.

• 10 months later...

I like Booth's game although he appears to lack a bit of hockey IQ (not sure if that is something you pick up later on in your career) and is definately among the most fragile players on the team it would seem.

Not sure he is a movable asset...just like alot of Vancouver's players at the moment so the best thing is probably just to rest him until he actually makes a complete recovery and just hope that one of these years we get that 30 goal scoring Booth to show up and not the 1 empy net goal Booth we've recently seen.

Hoping for some speedy healing!

I think Booth is a decent player, but I don't think he is a great player. I think Booth is a player who deserves to be in the Eastern Confrence where it's more of a run and gun type of hockey. He is not suitable in the Western Conference, and that is what makes him not a good fit on this team, he needs to be back in the Eastern Conference where he can play his style.

He hasn't been a great pickup and hasent been so terrible as you say, he just can't stay healthy and his salary is a little high. The thing is It didn't cost us anything to get him Samuelsson wasn't going to be re-signed and sturm was just a mistake they traded.

Archived