The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

On A Positive Note

sdnucksfan

Yeah, so, another dissapointing playoffs for us Van fans. whats new?

Of course theres tons of topics blaming players individually, and others blaming AV, and others blaming MG, and of course others where the sky is just plain falling.

While I am just as dissapointed and saddened our team lost as the next guy, I find so much to look forward to next season.

While so many blame Booth, many others blame Kes, and some blame Booths struggles on Kes I see a lot of potential in Booth. Both these guys came in late, didnt have a camp or preseason with us and still showed a little promise. Also, It can be argued Kes was never 100%. Both players with a long healthy off season, training camps, and preseasons, should come out next year in absolute beast mode. Booth is a good player who has yet to even settle in Van and will only improve next year.

Of course there's the "Hodgson trade" which will more than likely live in infamy for generations to come regardless of what kassian and MAG become. MAG, also with a full training camp and pre-season with Van will really be able to gain chemistry and be a big impact on the team. same thing can be said for Kass. While I hope Kass attends our camp and pre-season I'd like to see him getting huge minutes and developing on the wolves. I think with some more development in the AHL and moving him up when necessary or maybe half way thru the season would be a huge improvement and we'd see more of him and the grit MG brought him here for.

As far as Raymond goes, I hate to say it but if Hodgson had no place on the team, neither does he. I've been a Raymond fan for years but this year was quite dissapointing. being a seasoned vet on this team you cant really blame it on missing training camp or not being settled in our system like you can with Booth, MAG, Kass, and Pahlsson. There's plenty of players to move around and bring in to move him out and fill his spot. Shoot, i'd preffer Volpatti. I look forward to seeing what happens with this situation.

Of course there's our goalie situation. I'd love for both to stay and think if they do next season will more resemble their '10-'11 season, however, one most likely will be gone. It wasnt Lu's or Schneiders fault we lost and Lu didn't play the game we were eliminated in. so, with a full rested off season without being chased out of town for "blowing it" I think both goalies will come back next year on the top of their game. Schneider if still with us takes more games, and could have a career year. Maybe it'll resemble the Halak/Elliot situation in Stl.

Then there's the D. We all know this is where most our problems were this season and the post season. MG has more than shown he's capable of making great moves and he will more than likely be looking to adress this issue. I know everyone wants Shea Weber, not going to lie I do too, the greatest part is, though it's unlikely, it's not impossible. Theres a lot of good D men out there worth picking up, can't wait to see who fills Salo's hole if/when he leaves.

Of course the trolls will come and say MG will make more dumb moves in the off season and screw up the team, and/or AV will just blow it again next year. So I'll end the post with saying, please, unless you plan on contributing to the discussion with a thought out response capable of being responded to, don't post and move on. Thank You.

I don't want to rag on you, but how is this a "Positive Note"? From what I've skimmed, you sort of summarized the main areas of interest in a generally neutral fashion.

If you meant "Positive" towards the unorganized and dyslexic, I guess you were right.

I agree with most of your notes, but anyways as lordofbrussels put it how is this a positive note?

OKay so anyways about the topic:

Hodgson trade was just plain stupid, you said that you want Kassian to play on the wolves and mayeb develop more which yes I agree to but WHY ON EARTH would we trade Cody when he was ALREADY NHL ready and has already served his time in the minors for someone liek Kassian who now we have to start all over again and build up?!?!?! (Not that im blaming you OP, this just gets me sort of angry whenever it's brought up lol) Mike Gillis is really making me worry I mean he has done no good from last years team to this year, and I've always thought that. I mean lets think for example if Erhoff and Hodgson were still ehre we would have much more scoring WHICH WE NEEDED and always will need! Goalies are too good to throw away offence for "tough guys"

I have also been a fan of Raymond for a long time, but im not on board with shipping him away just yet. He had a broken back, had a bad year and thats that, I really believe he will have a great year for just next year, although I do see GMMG trading him anyways for some star D liek you said (hopefully weber) but with him gone I feel it would be a mistake.

Our goalie situation is very interesting to watch, but I think that Luongo stays, Cory is great I know and it was not by any means his fault we lost teh series but it honestly wasn't Lui's either, and Luongo is being such a good sport about everything I don't see him trowing his NTC to go somewhere else, he wants to win the cup and we are and will be a contending team for him time here.

Kesler was never a 100% but after teh surgery I expected it, he like Raymond were both coming off series injeries last season.

Anyways those are my comments, I don't know if you'll want them OP but you wanted someone to agree or disagree so I jusy thought Id put my 2 cents in here.

thank you.

the positive note is half our team this year didn't have a full season, training camp, or even pre-season with Van. that being said, even if theres no movement amongst players, theres only room for improvement with our new guys getting settled and having a full off season, training camp, and pre-season with this team.

in short, even if there is absolutely no activity(player movement) this off season, we will come back next year even better.

I agree with most of your notes, but anyways as lordofbrussels put it how is this a positive note?

OKay so anyways about the topic:

Hodgson trade was just plain stupid, you said that you want Kassian to play on the wolves and mayeb develop more which yes I agree to but WHY ON EARTH would we trade Cody when he was ALREADY NHL ready and has already served his time in the minors for someone liek Kassian who now we have to start all over again and build up?!?!?! (Not that im blaming you OP, this just gets me sort of angry whenever it's brought up lol) Mike Gillis is really making me worry I mean he has done no good from last years team to this year, and I've always thought that. I mean lets think for example if Erhoff and Hodgson were still ehre we would have much more scoring WHICH WE NEEDED and always will need! Goalies are too good to throw away offence for "tough guys"

I have also been a fan of Raymond for a long time, but im not on board with shipping him away just yet. He had a broken back, had a bad year and thats that, I really believe he will have a great year for just next year, although I do see GMMG trading him anyways for some star D liek you said (hopefully weber) but with him gone I feel it would be a mistake.

Our goalie situation is very interesting to watch, but I think that Luongo stays, Cory is great I know and it was not by any means his fault we lost teh series but it honestly wasn't Lui's either, and Luongo is being such a good sport about everything I don't see him trowing his NTC to go somewhere else, he wants to win the cup and we are and will be a contending team for him time here.

Kesler was never a 100% but after teh surgery I expected it, he like Raymond were both coming off series injeries last season.

Anyways those are my comments, I don't know if you'll want them OP but you wanted someone to agree or disagree so I jusy thought Id put my 2 cents in here.

suppose i should stick to the two sentence topics of the "raymond always falls down" variety. they seemingly get more responses...really shows the mental capacity of some members on this board.

sorry cdc but youve really gone to crap when one can only get 2 good responses on a 6 paragraph thread.

Archived