The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Interesting Comments By David Booth On Twitter Today

luongo.is.god

This morning I woke up and the sun was rising, the birds signing and deer eating my flowers...again....

The Canucks gave us great entertainment all season and in the end only the fans of one team will be truly satisfied.

Someday I do hope to to feel that type of joy; in the mean time all I can hope for is ownership giving the green light to go after that which management feels is needed to fulfill the quest for the cup.

This is a team game and the team wasn't good enough!

Was it the poor D that put to much pressure on the O to perform or the other way around?

We are still in need of upgrades if we truly want the cup.

If I where king of the castle it'd be the D I'd try to upgrade, a stud D-man a la Weber would be the ticket IMO..

easier said than done...

I'm looking forward to the moves Gillis will be making this off season!

When expectations are unrealistically high, sometimes things falls flat on your face.

Same as that very smart kid that got constantly pushed to get 95%+ in school. He is very smart but even 93% is viewed as failure and the parents yell at him. Eventually he skip school, joined a gang, and start doing drugs.

To those that suddenly for no reason decided to bring religion into this, yes God does have a purpose: To weed out fans like you.

You don't think this is Booth's response to the media and fan base criticizing him and his teammates? It seems more in more this team's standards and expectations are raised where criticism outweighs appreciation. How the hell can anyone perform in this kind of atmosphere? Why do you think the Leafs consistently fail to make the playoffs? You don't think it's the atmosphere and pressure on the players to perform?

I think he's right. Personally I don't mind dissecting, analayzing, and even criticising players, because I like the strategy and technical part of the game. But I hate when a little criticism turns into full on bashing and hate. I think there's a difference there.

Some fans have the attitude that the team somehow owes them something personally. It's so pathetic when people who are sitting on their comfy couch in the living room, straight up insult professional athletes who are actually out there doing the hard work and dedicating their lives to the sport. Well ff the player you're insulting is a "bum" or a "loser", then what does that make you? A huge hypocrite.

I think of the time when Paul McCallum missed that kick in the Grey Cup, and "fans" dumped cow sh*t on his lawn. How can any logical person do that?

No one forced David Booth, or any other professional athlete to chose this profession as their job. It was a choice. And the reality in professional sports and fanbases are, you don't have one without the other. Their is no 'Vancouver Canucks' if they don't have a large fanbase who a) buys tickets to hockey games b ) purchases team merchandise c) watch the team in TV

You choose to play professional sports, then you choose you to be in the spotlight. That spotlight will always provide a combination of love and hate, it's how professional sports work. Habs are under just as much pressure as the Leafs, why have they made the playoffs? The Leafs are a bad hockey team, that's why they didn't make the playoffs - it has nothing to do with their fanbase.

I am under public scrutiny in my job, but I realized that when I accepted the challenge. I chose this career and it meant I chose what came with it. The sooner David Booth can accept that, the sooner he can take responsibility for his own actions.

Posted · Hidden by hockeyville88, April 24, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by hockeyville88, April 24, 2012 - No reason given

No one forced David Booth, or any other professional athlete to chose this profession as their job. It was a choice. And the reality in professional sports and fanbases are, you don't have one without the other. Their is no 'Vancouver Canucks' if they don't have a large fanbase who a) buys tickets to hockey games b ) purchases team merchandise c) watch the team in TV

You choose to play professional sports, then you choose you to be in the spotlight. That spotlight will always provide a combination of love and hate, it's how professional sports work. Habs are under just as much pressure as the Leafs, why have they made the playoffs? The Leafs are a bad hockey team, that's why they didn't make the playoffs - it has nothing to do with their fanbase.

I am under public scrutiny in my job, but I realized that when I accepted the challenge. I chose this career and it meant I chose what came with it. The sooner David Booth can accept that, the sooner he can take responsibility for his own actions.

Don't even compare your job to them and this excuse that they choose is bull. They're doing something they love which outweighs the bad but that doesn't mean it doesn't sucks when random so called fans are ragging on you. If you don't like the team please vote for another and let a real fan take your spot...simple you don't have a reason to complain and we don't have a reason to read your crap

I can see what Booth said rubbed some people the wrong way.

The quote is what it is. What's up for interpretation is David Booth's projection of it.

At least to me, it does not seem like a collective "screw you" to the fans. I think all he's trying to say is don't be so quick to judge. Here we are on CDC pointing fingers and accusing players of failing to meet expectations. It's within our right to do so, everyone is allowed to have an opinion - but I think Booth is just asking us to look at the players who are "marred by dust and sweat and blood" and have some form of sympathy. Obviously the players are not ignorant, they know they did not meet Vancouver's expectations - but who are we to say that they did not give every ounce of effort they could muster up.

Hockey is a sport. Sports are really just a collection of athleticism, desire and luck. Sometimes you may work your butt off and things just never happen to go your way. Sometimes you can overcome the odds and prevail, but more often than not you are met with defeat.

Again, I think Booth's just saying - they tried the best they could and would like for the fans to realize this and in times of defeat, look to past achievements for some future hope.

Just my interpretation. But who knows - I've been studying calculus all day so for all I know, my brain's turned to mush. <_<

I think he's right. Personally I don't mind dissecting, analayzing, and even criticising players, because I like the strategy and technical part of the game. But I hate when a little criticism turns into full on bashing and hate. I think there's a difference there.

Some fans have the attitude that the team somehow owes them something personally. It's so pathetic when people who are sitting on their comfy couch in the living room, straight up insult professional athletes who are actually out there doing the hard work and dedicating their lives to the sport. Well ff the player you're insulting is a "bum" or a "loser", then what does that make you? A huge hypocrite.

I think of the time when Paul McCallum missed that kick in the Grey Cup, and "fans" dumped cow sh*t on his lawn. How can any logical person do that?

Archived