The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Parise

Parise is a captain which means he is one of the good guys you probably want on your team. That being said there are many factors to be considered.

- The obvious one is his price tag

- Would he move from east to west

- Hi storically players have struggled moving from east to west. (booth, alberts, ballard to name a few we have seen first hand)

I love this guys play, he has great determination and would fit well with either the sedins or kesler.

I really question MG sometimes. I mean he forked out 10 million to sundin, but he wont go out and give an asset to get an asset. As in a player not on the verge of retirement. Yes we got booth who is definitely an upgrade on anything else we have had.

Parise would be the absolute perfect fit here in Vancouver. PERFECT. He is exactly what Kesler needs and what that second line needs. I think he will accept an offer of 6.1 million. Sure other teams might offer him 6.5-6.8, like Dallas, but I'm sure he'd rather come close to a cup for half a mil less.

Parise-Kesler-Burrows :frantic:

Word is that Parise and Suter want to play together on the same team. That's likely to cost someone at least 12 million. Even if the cap weren't expected to go down next season, that's a lot of space Gillis would have to make to sign them both.

And they would still need a top pairing puck mover to QB the powerplay.

Look Parise and Suter to end up in Detroit.

Gillis should be getting his Ducks in a row to sign Weber next off season.

And don't forget the possibility of Jensen making this team next year.

See, if the idiots had handled the Hodgson situation better, we could be looking at something like this for the top three lines next season...

Daniel / Henrik / Burrows

Booth / Hodgson / Jensen

Higgins / Kesler / Hansen

Archived