The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former Canuck Mitchell Savouring Kings' Series Win

Usually I'd hate a great defender who played so well against us, but being that it's ol' Willie, I can't. He was my favourite player whilst he was on the Canucks. He's still underrated quite often. He was easily the Kings' best defender against us, and could quite likely be their best of their playoff run (however long it will be).

I still wear my Willie Mitchell jersey. Why? Easy, Willie is such a class act and one of my favourite defensemen of all time. He was so good for us, and should have been our captain. I was so upset when we let him go.

I don't believe the Canucks really did offer Willie Mitchell a "one-year, $3.5-million deal two years ago."

The Canucks showed no interest in retaining Willie after signing Dan and trading for Ballard. This article was the very first time I have heard they offered him $3.5M and honestly I don't think it is true.

Willie was a great hockey player.

Used to be my favourite player till he left :(

But still was my favourite player even though he was on the La Kings :P

People used to tell me i was crazy still liking him as my fav player

The Canucks should have kept him ^_^

Oh well.................

LA's offer to him was wayyy above market. MG couldn't outbid that deal for a guy who had a bad year because of concussions. To many question marks for too much cap space. Hindsight is great, but that could have easily blown up. I like Hammer on our team anyways.

Archived