The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Liut , Schneiders Agent Says Posiible For Both To Still Play Together.

briana

See article in todays National Post.

Compliments Luongo on being a great goalie and says himself that once Luongo is gone his client will be the one the fans will run out of town..

He sounds like maybe he prefers Schneider gets traded...

Been posted already - but bodes well for Vancouver - apparently all the assumptions that Schneider would not be happy here any longer was premature - or that either he or Luongo had to go... Both Schneider and Luongo have been very professional and unselfish in sharing the crease.

See article in todays National Post.

Compliments Luongo on being a great goalie and says himself that once Luongo is gone his client will be the one the fans will run out of town..

He sounds like maybe he prefers Schneider gets traded...

The media in this city is just as bad if not worse than our fans. Everybody needs to stop making mountains out of mole hills. Just watch and cheer for the god damn team! Has the Pittsburgh media made anything of Fleury? Are they trading him for a good young goalie? No! This city is just turning crazy over the fact that they don't have a cup, and if this continues, we will never have one.

It's probably only a matter of time before Schneider doesn't look as ridiculously elite anymore and the fans jump all over him. Luongo was a God in Vancouver in 07 and just a couple years later everyone despised him.

Regardless, the Canucks have to risk it and go with the better (and much younger) goalie right now. 10M cap in goaltending just isn't going to work if we want to score enough goals.

“I’m not sure what else I can do,” Schneider said. “How many more 30-game seasons can you play and still wonder if you’re ready? I don’t think anyone should just be given the starter’s role. You have to earn it.

“But I at least deserve a look. At least get a chance to play some games in a row and take that mantle.

“It’s just the mentality I have … I feel I deserve a look and an opportunity to play more than 30 games.

“I haven’t thought about what’s best for me in a long time. I don’t know if it’s time to start doing that.”

Schneider has earned it now, and you can appreciate it if he’s feeling a little urgency in his career. He’s getting to an age where he should be playing in his prime.

“I’m not a young prospect anymore. I’m 26 years old,” Schneider said. “If I can have 10-year career from here on out, that would be amazing. It’s not as if I have an endless amount of years to do something. It’s either going to happen or it’s not

“I’d love to start somewhere. It’d be great to get an opportunity. I don’t know where it would be.”

Archived