The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trading Luongo

... Because Kovalchuk would not make a big deal about playing on the second line, hey? There's no way he would develop any chemistry with the sedins (IMO). He is all about himself, and putting himself first. You want players that put the team first.

With that said, look to oil country for a trade. Maybe Magnus would be available from the Oilers, with them getting the first overall pick again, it's looking more like Mags is out of the loop there now, as well as Omark.

... Because Kovalchuk would not make a big deal about playing on the second line, hey? There's no way he would develop any chemistry with the sedins (IMO). He is all about himself, and putting himself first. You want players that put the team first.

With that said, look to oil country for a trade. Maybe Magnus would be available from the Oilers, with them getting the first overall pick again, it's looking more like Mags is out of the loop there now, as well as Omark.

Guest BuckFoston

Big name Russian stars currently in the league will not sign on the West coast. Nashville and Detroit is as West as they go.

I would love a Luongo for Larsson trade but that's extremely unlikely. I'd even be willing to part with Schneider for Larsson (which would be more enticing for New Jersey).

I don't really think new Jersey would be interested in a Lou for Kovalchuk deal because it would be much harder to convince parise to stay.

Lets say that Martin Brodeur retires.

Would you trade Luongo for Kovalchuck straight up. Both have long contracts. Kovalchuck has aproximatley 1 mil more in cap space.

Kovalchuck is a proven 50 goal scorer, a true sniper we havn't had since Bure.

Archived