OR

To Toronto:

Cory Schneider

To Vancouver

Luke Schenn

2013 2nd round pick

2013 3rd round pick

thoughts?

Tough decision for MG but I still think we should trade Schneids away to CBJ... why?

two reasons,

We know what we will get from Luongo

and

High Return aka:

Schneider + ( ? )

for

2nd overall (Yakupov/Grigorenko/Murray depending edm pick) + Johansen / Nikitin

Can't go wrong with either of them, Nikitin a big high skilled left handed offensive defensmen and a RFA, could pair nicely with Salo or Tanev and we all know about Johansen

IMO we need a star defensmen and Murray will be a game breaker in years to come, plus I'd like more Canadians in our system.

Tough decision for MG but I still think we should trade Schneids away to CBJ... why?

two reasons,

We know what we will get from Luongo

and

High Return aka:

Schneider + ( ? )

for

2nd overall (Yakupov/Grigorenko/Murray depending edm pick) + Johansen / Nikitin

Can't go wrong with either of them, Nikitin a big high skilled left handed offensive defensmen and a RFA, could pair nicely with Salo or Tanev and we all know about Johansen

IMO we need a star defensmen and Murray will be a game breaker in years to come, plus I'd like more Canadians in our system.

Except we would be downgrading in goal if we retained Lu and traded Schneider. Make no mistake, we won the presidents trophy this year due to goaltending not offense or defense. You have to ask yourself if Luongo is the right one or Schneider is the one to give us a chance in winning the cup.

You're saying we won the presidents trophy because of goaltending.... Luongo played more games than Schneider, Luongo's 55 to Schneider's 33 therefore I'm not so sure if it's downgrading per say. I'm not disputing that Schneider is better or worse, to me they are 1A/1B and both of this will give us a chance in winning the cup.

ADDITIONAL NOTE:

In our system we have a couple good goalies in our system via Lack which may end up being NHL ready in the next 2-3 years where he can shift into our Number one, and a darkhorse being Canata who's made good progress and has more to work on.

Overall If we can fix our D core via trading Schneider and filling our prospect pool with a top pick then I say yeah go for it.

You're saying we won the presidents trophy because of goaltending.... Luongo played more games than Schneider, Luongo's 55 to Schneider's 33 therefore I'm not so sure if it's downgrading per say. I'm not disputing that Schneider is better or worse, to me they are 1A/1B and both of this will give us a chance in winning the cup.

ADDITIONAL NOTE:

In our system we have a couple good goalies in our system via Lack which may end up being NHL ready in the next 2-3 years where he can shift into our Number one, and a darkhorse being Canata who's made good progress and has more to work on.

Overall If we can fix our D core via trading Schneider and filling our prospect pool with a top pick then I say yeah go for it.

Luongo playing 50 games is different than Luongo playing 70 games. Keep in mind that Schneider allowed Luongo to rest, Schneider won 20 games in his 30 starts and Schneider also played a lot in October when Bobby Lu is bad or has slow starts.

Add those factors up and it is why we have been the President Trophy winners these past two years. Without Schneider, we wouldn't be able to win those. Also, we would be downgrading either way in goal if we trade Schneider or Luongo but which one would be better for us moving forward? I'd say Schneider since he is younger and won't be declining anytime soon whereas Luongo still has some weaknesses and will be on a decline sooner than Schneider.

I dunno it's tough to say when a goaltender will decline, aka Thomas was 32+ when he started being an allstar, Brodeur is still putting up decent numbers, Lundqvist, Kiprusov, Mike Smith, Ryan Miller. All of these goalies are 30+ and still looking pretty good.

Either way if I had my way I would trade Schneider + First + ? for CBJ 2nd Overall + Nikitin and draft Ryan Murray aka the next Scott Neidermeyer.

Edler / Stuart / Murray

Hamhuis / Bieksa

Nikitin / Tanev / Stuart

Gragnani / Connauton / Alberts

Murray probably will need one year in the AHL / Juniors but if he does make it then send Tanev / Connauton down to the AHL to work on their play together.

Nikitin is just brutal defensively. So you want to get another Gragnani that we won't be able to use?? I also don't think Canucks give up their 1st if they are giving up Schneider. Like I said, the other team has to be overpaying and we would never give up our first unless there are some other worthwhile players that we get in return (no, not Nikitin). Again, if Luongo is able to get a good return, we will trade him and keep the younger and better goalie. At this point, Schneider I feel is better than Luongo, not that I think Luongo is good but Schneider is better. Also knowing that the goalie position is the most important position in hockey, I'd rather have one of the best goalies back there. Like Luongo said, Schneider will be a superstar, maybe will rival Quick and Lunquvist as the best goalie in the league.

Luongo willing to move increases Schneiders value since teams now know he's willing to be moved. We'll see if a team is willing to overpay for Schneider...

Tampa

Luongo for Connolly and a 1st

Schneider for Hedman

Toronto

Luongo for Schenn and Ashton

Schneider for Schenn, Ashton, 1st

New Jersey

Luongo for Volchenkov maybe

Schneider for Larsen

Colorado

Schneider for Landeskog

Columbus