The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Ufa's Would You Want On 2012-2013 Canucks.

CoreyPerry

Brendan Morrison for 3rd line center. let Pahlsson walk. He's not a hitter and he's slow. Morrison had some great years here and he could provide the offensive upside that Coho brought to provide scoring depth.

Or, if you're not interested in being small in that position, Torrey Mitchell. (I know he's not big, but he plays big). He hits and has offensive upside too. Playing with wingers like hansen and higgins he could excel.

Brendan Morrison for 3rd line center. let Pahlsson walk. He's not a hitter and he's slow. Morrison had some great years here and he could provide the offensive upside that Coho brought to provide scoring depth.

Or, if you're not interested in being small in that position, Torrey Mitchell. (I know he's not big, but he plays big). He hits and has offensive upside too. Playing with wingers like hansen and higgins he could excel.

If Luongo is willing to travel east, as his talks today suggested, then I think that a trade involving perhaps Raymond and Luongo for Lecavalier could be a good fit. I do know his contract is hefty, and that there are many that say he's not playing up to that level, so in a sense, he's in the same boat as Luongo. Noone has ever really questioned Lecavalier's character or even his ability, really, only that he isn't worth 7 million. To the canucks, he might just provide that "secondary" scoring we've had difficulty generating. If we didn't have to remove any more than those pieces, it might just turn out that again we'd have two first lines. I don't think Luongo needs to go, or anything, but if Luongo is going to be our bargaining chip, then that might be the best fit out there.

If Luongo is willing to travel east, as his talks today suggested, then I think that a trade involving perhaps Raymond and Luongo for Lecavalier could be a good fit. I do know his contract is hefty, and that there are many that say he's not playing up to that level, so in a sense, he's in the same boat as Luongo. Noone has ever really questioned Lecavalier's character or even his ability, really, only that he isn't worth 7 million. To the canucks, he might just provide that "secondary" scoring we've had difficulty generating. If we didn't have to remove any more than those pieces, it might just turn out that again we'd have two first lines. I don't think Luongo needs to go, or anything, but if Luongo is going to be our bargaining chip, then that might be the best fit out there.

Just my thoughts on some of the players mentioned in this thread:

Parenteau: Most likely staying in NYI, they'll be able to give him the cash he wants. Also don't underestimate how much better Tavares makes him look.

Holmstrom: Retiring, wouldn't leave DET even if he wasn't.

Stuart: I don't see why we need another #3 D-man making 4.5M

Wideman: Sign him if you want another Bieksa.

Doan: If he hasn't left PHX yet, he isn't going to now.

Whitney: Why would he move again at his age, especially when he's having great success where he is now?

Gaustad: Going to get 3M from some other team to be their 3rd center.

Ott: Will get 4M elsewhere; CDC will want his head when he doesn't produce enough offensively.

Morrison: It's time to retire.

Parise / Suter: Good God, I hope so, but I'm not very optimistic on this front.

Hudler: If he's leaving DET, which I doubt, would be a pretty good 2nd line fit.

Hudler is leaving Detroit so he is a real possibility.

lou will go to tampa prob get a first round pick and 2nd liner for him so will free up cap space

get rid of ballard rome and alberts from defence phalsson and mayray from the forwards.

bring in suter or weber (no one else will do) in defence

hudler 2nd liner from tampa ( Connolly) as forwards.

Carlo Colaiacovo in my opinion would be an addition along the lines of an Ehrhoff/ Matt Carle defenceman, that I think could really take off in our system. His durability is a question mark, but it is a good bargaining chip for MG to get him at a reduced rate. Very, very underrated defenceman offensively and defensively.

Barret Jackman - est. $3,500,000

David Jones - est. $2,750,000

Jordin Tootoo - est. $1,750,000

Scott Clemensen - est $1,250,000

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Jones-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen

Tootoo-Lapierre-Kassian

Bitz

Jensen

Mancari

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Jackman-Ballard

Tanev-Edler

Rome

Gragnani

Sauve

Connaugton

Schneider

Clemmensen

Lack

My opinion is more or less stay the course with the team we have and continue tweaking. Barrett Jackman is a stud defensively and can provide some certain stability on the back end that we need. Plus who doesn't remember what a pain in the ass he was back when we swept St. Louis. Awhile ago yes, but it's always stuck out to me and left an impression. Plus he's from Trail, so all the better!!

Davie Jones brings that size, hands and aggressive combo to the 2nd line. If P.A. Parenteau is available though, I think he makes a better fit as that line needs someone to create some plays and be more of a distributer. Maybe Schroeder could fill that roll and you are able to move Jones down to the 3rd and move Lapierre up to 3rd line center? I think that would also work.

Tootoo is a wild card, but man I love his game and I think he epitimizes what a 3rd/4th liner should be. He is coming off of a career year and he seems to have added a level of maturity that wasn't there in his early years, therefore I believe he's a gem.

As for Clemmensen, I'm doubtful Lack will be ready next year, nor does GMMG think he'll be, so I think Clemmensen would be a good fill in for the upcoming year. Markstrom is the future in FLA and I have no belief that Luongo is headed down there. I believe they'll be working a Theodore/Markstrom combo next year, thereby making Clemmensen available. Plus he's pretty steady as a backup and can get in there for those 15-25 games we'll need.

As for the rest, I'd say try and get some of our guys back like Bitz and Volpatti, maybe Mancari as well and let them fight it out for the final spots. I also believe that Sauve, Connaughton, Grags and some other filler defenceman (Rome/Alberts/Free agent) should be enough to have for reassurances down the line. Plus I think it's time these guys (Sauve and Connaughton) started getting a look up here.

Barret Jackman - est. $3,500,000

David Jones - est. $2,750,000

Jordin Tootoo - est. $1,750,000

Scott Clemensen - est $1,250,000

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Jones-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen

Tootoo-Lapierre-Kassian

Bitz

Jensen

Mancari

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Jackman-Ballard

Tanev-Edler

Schneider

Clemmensen

Archived