The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Ufa's Would You Want On 2012-2013 Canucks.

CoreyPerry

Paul Gaustad. We wanted him at the deadline but weren't willing to pay the 1st round asking price. Now sign him.

We will have to shred some salary cap though, even assuming Luongo leaves. 3M is a good price to pay for his Colossus presence.

If Luongo is willing to travel east, as his talks today suggested, then I think that a trade involving perhaps Raymond and Luongo for Lecavalier could be a good fit. I do know his contract is hefty, and that there are many that say he's not playing up to that level, so in a sense, he's in the same boat as Luongo. Noone has ever really questioned Lecavalier's character or even his ability, really, only that he isn't worth 7 million. To the canucks, he might just provide that "secondary" scoring we've had difficulty generating. If we didn't have to remove any more than those pieces, it might just turn out that again we'd have two first lines. I don't think Luongo needs to go, or anything, but if Luongo is going to be our bargaining chip, then that might be the best fit out there.

There's a few free agents that could help this team off the top of my head id want.

For forwards

Moen- Has a cup ring and plays a physical game

Prust- At the top of the league for fighting majors every year, good ok the PK and has a bit of scoring touch

Tootoo- Plays physical, had a break out year, matured and problems behind, can hit and fight well.

Gaustad- Huge defensive center, gritty and great in the dot

Defensemen

Jackman- Good stay at home dman, gritty, BC boy

Allen- Same as Jackman but bigger

Garrison- Good size and huge shot could replace Salos Bomb, BC boy

Wideman- Great offensive dman could run the PP

Jurcina- Huge dman, good 6-7

Carkner- Great team guy, one of the top enforcers and can take a shift, good 6-7

Archived