The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Tbl For Purcell And Depth + Ufa Signings.

Hi.

To WIN: Keith Ballard & Manny Malhotra

To VAN: Antti Miettinen WIN 2012 2nd + 4th

Reasons: Vancouver salary dump, but Winnipeg has a lot of cap space for two players that can rejuvenate their careers, plus Vancouver gets some extra draft picks and Miettinen for the next trade.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To TBL: Roberto Luongo, Mason Raymond, Antti Miettinen & Van 2012 2nd + WIN 2012 2nd & 4th

To VAN: Teddy Purcell, Mathieu Garon, Tom Pyatt & Brendan Mikkelson & TBL 2012 1st

Reasons: Luongo goes home, 2nd line gets a playmaker in Purcell. Miettinen was claimed off waivers when Tampa Bay tried to get him from the European league last season. Mikkelson and Pyatt are reliable depth guys, and a solid backup in Garon for Cory Schneider.

THEN SIGN:

Ryan Suter, Zach Parise, Travis Moen & Bryan Allen

RE-SIGN:

Brendan Mikkelson, Dale Weise, Cory Schneider & Sami Salo

LINEUP:

Sedin-Sedin-Parise

Booth-Kesler-Purcell

Higgins-Schroeder-Burrows

Moen-Lapierre-Hansen

Pyatt & Weise

Edler Suter

Hamhuis Bieksa

Allen Salo

Mikkelson & Tanev

Schneider & Garon

Hi.

To WIN: Keith Ballard & Manny Malhotra

To VAN: Antti Miettinen WIN 2012 2nd + 4th

Reasons: Vancouver salary dump, but Winnipeg has a lot of cap space for two players that can rejuvenate their careers, plus Vancouver gets some extra draft picks and Miettinen for the next trade.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To TBL: Roberto Luongo, Mason Raymond, Antti Miettinen & Van 2012 2nd + WIN 2012 2nd & 4th

To VAN: Teddy Purcell, Mathieu Garon, Tom Pyatt & Brendan Mikkelson & TBL 2012 1st

Reasons: Luongo goes home, 2nd line gets a playmaker in Purcell. Miettinen was claimed off waivers when Tampa Bay tried to get him from the European league last season. Mikkelson and Pyatt are reliable depth guys, and a solid backup in Garon for Cory Schneider.

THEN SIGN:

Ryan Suter, Zach Parise, Travis Moen & Bryan Allen

RE-SIGN:

Brendan Mikkelson, Dale Weise, Cory Schneider & Sami Salo

LINEUP:

Sedin-Sedin-Parise

Booth-Kesler-Purcell

Higgins-Schroeder-Burrows

Moen-Lapierre-Hansen

Pyatt & Weise

Edler Suter

Hamhuis Bieksa

Allen Salo

Mikkelson & Tanev

Schneider & Garon

I was one of the people saying to get Allen at the deadline.

I don't know it's becoming a really tough call.

The way Edler and Bieksa played, paired with not knowing how well Salo will do in his old age.

The way the players are performing it should be.

Hamhuis Tanev

Ballard Bieksa

Edler Salo

I like your trade to Win, I think Ballard is gonna step up though, he said watching high intensity games for a few months made him understand a lot more.

I think we keep him n Edler n grab a right handed third line guy to replace Juice.

Luongo to NJ for Larrson please.

A lot of stuff has to go our way for all of that to happen. But that is definitely best case scenario.

I think two realistic players we definitely should get are Bryan Allen and Teddy Purcell. I dont see why Allen wouldn't want to come back and Purcell can definitely fit that top 6.

Archived