The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Malone, And Connolly Arn't Coming Here

You must be friends with Both Gillis and Yzerman since you've got the inside scoop. If we were to get Hedman and Malone for Luongo, the Canucks would win that deal hands down. Hedman is probably going to be one of the best d-man in the league pretty soon, the kid's only 22. And Malone is a year younger then Lui, so wtf are you talking about him being 42? Is Luongo 43 then? Malone would give some extremely needed grit and size. Check your facts before you post.

I am saying you don't trade away your only good D for a goalie, some picks, and a 3rd liner at best.

For arguments sake.

Sedins Burrows

Booth Kesler Raymond

Higgins Pahllson Kassian

Weise Lapierre Ebbett

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler tanev

Ballard Salo

Cloutier

becomes

" "

" "

Higgins Pahllson Hansen

Weise Lapierre Kassian

Edler Bieksa

Ballard Tanev

Gragnani Salo

Luongo

So do we absolutely neuter our D for a 32 streaky goalie?

We're not getting Hedman for anything less than Higgins and Hansen or Tanev/Ballard

I am saying you don't trade away your only good D for a goalie, some picks, and a 3rd liner at best.

For arguments sake.

Sedins Burrows

Booth Kesler Raymond

Higgins Pahllson Kassian

Weise Lapierre Ebbett

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler tanev

Ballard Salo

Cloutier

becomes

" "

" "

Higgins Pahllson Hansen

Weise Lapierre Kassian

Edler Bieksa

Ballard Tanev

Gragnani Salo

Luongo

We're not getting Hedman for anything less than Higgins and Hansen or Tanev/Ballard

For arguments sake.

Sedins Burrows

Booth Kesler Raymond

Higgins Pahllson Kassian

Weise Lapierre Ebbett

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler tanev

Ballard Salo

Cloutier

becomes

" "

" "

Higgins Pahllson Hansen

Weise Lapierre Kassian

Edler Bieksa

Ballard Tanev

Gragnani Salo

Luongo

I suspect that if the trade happens with Tampa (which I think folks are assuming too much... there are easily 10 teams he could go to).... then we will in fact get Malone back in return as one of the pieces.

I actually suspect that it would be Luongo and Ballard going, Tampa badly needs defence as they hardly have anyone signed for next season (especially if Ohlund can't come back) and they aren't exactly a free agent magnet.

We would have to take some salary back, Malone fits the bill as getting bigger but not exactly for getting younger. I think Malone and a pick/prospect would be totally reasonable from both ends.

Purcell doesn't fit the bill as getting us bigger and more physical.

Archived