The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

There's One, Glaring, Major Upside For An Early Elimination.

I think Kesler is pushing way too hard this season. Holding on the his stick too tightly.

A injury since Feb. is not something you hold off to fix till April.

Trevor Linden was certainly playing hurt in 1994 when he scored 2 Goals in Game#7. Was Kesler playing hurt? Perhaps but not hurt enough to excuse poor play and flopping. If his shoulder was really badly hurt perhaps he shouldn't have kept flopping to the ice because that couldn't have helped.

The major upside to the canucks early elimination is the focus the whitecaps will get this spring/summer now that they stand alone in the vancouver sporting landscape. If all we talk about all summer is "what do the canucks need to do for next year" and disregard the whitecaps who are actually playing, I will be upset. I hope to see a lot of sellouts this summer at BC Place without the competition of the canucks for attention.

I strenuously object.

There's no upside ever for an early elimination.

I am not okay with this team missing the playoffs.

I am not okay with this team getting eliminated in the first round.

I am not okay with this team getting eliminated ever!

No. They have to look at his injury and see. :rolleyes:He won't have surgery, the injury was used more as an excuse for poor play than anything.

After the 2009/2010 Kesler in his exit interview said almost the exact same thing as he did this year and no surgery ever happened that offseason.

Trevor Linden was certainly playing hurt in 1994 when he scored 2 Goals in Game#7. Was Kesler playing hurt? Perhaps but not hurt enough to excuse poor play and flopping. If his shoulder was really badly hurt perhaps he shouldn't have kept flopping to the ice because that couldn't have helped.

Personally I agree.

For those of us that watched the exit interviews we heard that the off season means a lot. Malholtra and Raymond both started the season late due to their injuries. Malholtra's eye is continuing to improve but more-so, is his confidence. Neither player felt they were up to their usual game.

While Bieksa and Kesler admitted to injuries both were quick to mention they won't use that as an excuse. Whether Kes needs surgery or not isn't the issue, getting him rehabbed is. It's not a matter of playing through pain, its a matter of trying to make a move and your body physically not responding. I've torn a shoulder too, whether it hurt or not, drunk or sober, I could NOT lift that arm past level.

I don't think we are debating a long offseason vs. the cup. I think the OP was pointing out the silver lining. I agree. It will be good to have our players fit, focus and rested for next season, plus allowing new players like Kassian to work with training staff and hone skills.

No. They have to look at his injury and see. :rolleyes: He won't have surgery, the injury was used more as an excuse for poor play than anything.

After the 2009/2010 Kesler in his exit interview said almost the exact same thing as he did this year and no surgery ever happened that offseason.

Archived