The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

There's One, Glaring, Major Upside For An Early Elimination.

I hope the longer summer will give everyone time to rest and recuperate.

I think Manny will certainly continue to improve, to a certain point, with his eye. I recall early in the year, everyone bitching about how badly he was performing, blah, blah, blah. Geez, give the guy a break - we should be thrilled that he could even ever play again.

I heard many times in this playoff, the announcers commenting on how great he was in the face-offs, so that's a huge improvement from early on - unless the early complaining was just this board having nothing else to whine about.

I think that the upside in this case is that we get to pick ahead of the other teams that moved on in the NHL playoffs....

Since we finished first overall, we pick last out of the teams knocked out in the first round of the playoffs....

8 teams left = We pick 22nd overall in the NHL draft

That's an upside

I think that the upside in this case is that we get to pick ahead of the other teams that moved on in the NHL playoffs....

Since we finished first overall, we pick last out of the teams knocked out in the first round of the playoffs....

8 teams left = We pick 22nd overall in the NHL draft

That's an upside

Using your analogy, Kesler was the one with the strained wrist and Linden was the one with the broken leg.

Linden played the last 4 games of the Stanley Cup with cracked ribs and torn rib cartilage. http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=397641

Kesler played with a shoulder injury that wasn't bad enough to even be given a maintenance day down the stretch.

I definitely agree for three reasons:

1. The rest is huge for guys like Ryan Kesler, Daniel Sedin, and Kevin Bieksa. All three of them were laboring at different points within the season and they clearly couldn't play to their full potential due to injury.

2. The off-season will also bring more time for guys such as Kassian, Gragnani, and Booth to get more well-acquainted and used to the Canucks system (though yes, I know Booth should fully understand everything by now, I'm still not giving up on him).

3. The summer means we'll likely have a big trade of some sort on the way. This is very exciting and it could very well be the move that puts us over the top.

Just my opinion, but I think that as far as our 2012-2013 run for the cup goes, this early exit is a good thing.

Archived