The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Make The Most Realistic "luongos 5 Team List"

Guest AriGold

1. Florida- Seems like a viable choice since Luongo's wife hails from the seminole state, even though they have Jacob Markstrom.

2. Tampa Bay- See Florida.

3. Toronto- Toronto needs a goaltender, and although the pressure in Toronto is similar to the pressure here, he would make them a playoff team.

4. Washington- I can see Luongo asking to be traded to the East, and Washington makes sense even with Braden Holtby playing spectacular hockey.

5. New Jersey- With Martin Brodeur's future up in the air, Luongo could step in and start for a team with mediocre goaltending prospects.

I think it has to make sense for both sides here. He will obviously want a contender, and I can't see us trading him within the west. Heading to the East makes too much sense. I take SJ out of the hunt.

Everyone saying Florida, don't see that happening. You're only saying that because he's from there/wife lives there. They will be on his wish list, but he won't be on theirs.

Possible contenders (rules out Toronto, Edmonton, Columbus), in the east (rules out SJ, Anaheim, Dallas )with potential room to make it happen (rules out philly, washington), that need a goalie (rules out florida, phoenix). Winnipeg/Ottawa? Not as likely.

1. Tampa

2. NJ (if marty retires)

Tampa makes too much sense.

Hehe. If all players rumoured to be headed to TO actually made it there, they'd own half the league.

But hey, i'm liking the utter hypocrisy coming from TO on the subject of Luongo. After years of criticism on his every move, now he's their potential saviour? M'kay.

If he ends up there, will Don Cherry learn how to pronounce his name?

If he ends up there, that means Aquilini is so disgusted by Luongo now that he's willing to have his team deal with his arch-nemesis?

If he ends up there, will he be put on a milk carton like Phil Kessel?

Or if he ends up there, will he actually lead that team to the promiseland, putting an extra point of shame on us? (Wouldn't surprise me, actually. Well. Kinda.) Cheers.

TOML

1. Vancouver

2. Vancouver

3. Vancouver

4. Vancouver

5. Vancouver

The Canucks should trade Schneider and cash in on his huge trade value right now. He can bring back an impact forward who will help them score some damn goals in the 2013 playoffs. This way, Vancouver will have a solid goaltender in Luongo, the returned assets from the Schneider trade, and Lack learning behind Luongo for the next few years and then takeover.

If they keep Schneider, they will get less of a return from a Luongo trade and be in this exact same position in a few seasons when Lack is ready to be the starter. The difference would be that Schneider will be the guy everyone hates and Lack will the saviour everyone in the city wants to takeover the job.

Not to keep dumping on Schneider (well, I will a bit), but he's had some dehydration problems in his career. He admitted that it gets worse when he's nervous or playing in high pressure situations and the blood is pumping. Do the Canucks really want to risk seeing him hobbled by cramping in a playoff game and have Lack or some journeyman backup they acquire to hang their Stanley Cup asipirations on?

1. Vancouver

2. Vancouver

3. Vancouver

4. Vancouver

5. Vancouver

The Canucks should trade Schneider and cash in on his huge trade value right now. He can bring back an impact forward who will help them score some damn goals in the 2013 playoffs. This way, Vancouver will have a solid goaltender in Luongo, the returned assets from the Schneider trade, and Lack learning behind Luongo for the next few years and then takeover.

If they keep Schneider, they will get less of a return from a Luongo trade and be in this exact same position in a few seasons when Lack is ready to be the starter. The difference would be that Schneider will be the guy everyone hates and Lack will the saviour everyone in the city wants to takeover the job.

Not to keep dumping on Schneider (well, I will a bit), but he's had some dehydration problems in his career. He admitted that it gets worse when he's nervous or playing in high pressure situations and the blood is pumping. Do the Canucks really want to risk seeing him hobbled by cramping in a playoff game and have Lack or some journeyman backup they acquire to hang their Stanley Cup asipirations on?

Archived