The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lack Of Free Agents This Offseason For The Canucks And Also Support To Our Team!

nucklehead2

I dont know if people realize that this years free agent crop is very small. Who knows what Gillis and his staff have in mind (if anything at all) but the majority of players and top 6 forwards out there will be mid 30`s and past their prime. Take a look at http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php

I am one of few who doesn`t believe we have to change our top 6, but instead deal with our bottom 6 and add some grit... in my opinion a chris neil, or steve ott or brian boyle type of player (obviously neil or boyle arnt going anywhere) but someone like these guys... someone who will get into some fights and create some emotion and can chip in here and there. Also even though the free agent defensman are few and far between, it would be nice to see the canucks add some toughness and maybe someone who can add that great first pass that we so missed this year from losing ehrhoff. This will most likely be done through trade... maybe it will be resolved by trading one of our goalies. Speaking of goalies..... stop bashing roberto for those who are. they guy led us to game 7 of the stanley cup final last year and has never had less than 30 wins in a canucks uniform. do u remember the slew of goalies we had for years and years after kirk mclean!!...... like cmon haters. I love schneider also and whoever gets the job next year deserves it but lets not forget what roberto has done! He was a class act this year.

We have a great core here in vancouver and were coming off a heartbreaking long season last year with a lot of injuries. This team still has a few years left with the right moves!!

Archived