The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I'd Rather Keep Luongo Than Schneider

Sixteen W's

Simply, the Canucks would get a better return for Schneider than Luongo right now. Even if the team frees up Luongo's cap space, a bulk of that will go into Schneider's new contract.

The Canucks' window of opportunity depends on how long the Sedins can play at the level they're playing.

It's the lack of offense and defense that let Luongo down. Even with Schneider, this team just did nothing better to win.

The Canucks have had phenomenal goaltending with no offense when Luongo first got here, and it didn't work out. If Luongo wants out though, it's obviously his decision, and who could blame him?

Funny how you try and insult people by calling them "Lu fanboys", when I could just as easily call you a Schneider fanboy...

It's not about being a Luongo supporter, or a Schneider supporter, it's about which goalie gives us the better chance of winning going forward. And my belief is that goalie is still Luongo. Unless you have a crystal ball you can't tell me I'm wrong.

Funny how you try and insult people by calling them "Lu fanboys", when I could just as easily call you a Schneider fanboy...

It's not about being a Luongo supporter, or a Schneider supporter, it's about which goalie gives us the better chance of winning going forward. And my belief is that goalie is still Luongo. Unless you have a crystal ball you can't tell me I'm wrong.

this playoff proved that nux can't win with either goalie. The problem is not goal tending. So the logical thing is to see which trade will result in a better team.

Cory likely gets a better return due lower cap hit, age. So maybe MG will trade him instead. Lui might stay as long he is the starter.

Well if I'm right, how would I be delusional? Kind of a contradiction.

Nobody can tell me that Luongo wouldn't give us a better chance of winning in the future, because nobody really knows. That's why there's this debate going on.

If Schneider was the obvious choice, it would be an easy decision.

To me its not about Cory, its about the team. Honestly I dont watch hockey to watch goalies. I know they are a part of it but in no way is my focus is on Cory for some idolising reason.

I dont have a a crystal ball, but I can assure you I watched every single game this team has played for many years. From the previous three playoff series, I have seen that Lu can be great and he can be horrible (Also the fact that we will see both sides of him in any given playoff). This is not stable goaltending, and we NEED stable goaltending. Cory is level and not just that he is great at what he does too, and he is also emotionally stable for this market. If we couldnt win with him last year, we will never win with him, think about it logically please!

People say we couldnt score a goal in the finals but that still doesnt make up for such blowout losses while we were exchanging shots with Boston and at times clearly outshooting them and out chancing them. I can go on and on about why Cory would be the better option, honestly but I just think if for a second you could let go of the attachment with Lu (which will be very tough to do) you will clearly see what we have in Cory is so unbelieveable...its a blessing, he is going to be incredible, just watch. We have landed on a gold mine, for real!!!

this playoff proved that nux can't win with either goalie. The problem is not goal tending. So the logical thing is to see which trade will result in a better team.

Cory likely gets a better return due lower cap got, age. So maybe MG will trade him instead. Lui might stay as long he is the starter.

Archived