The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I'd Rather Keep Luongo Than Schneider

Sixteen W's

If we do keep Schneids it won't be long before part of the fan base turns on him. Judging from some of his comments on how he is tired of how Luongo was treated makes me wonder exactly how long he'll want to stay here. It would serve some of the Luongo-haters right if they also indirectly drive Cory out of town as well.

As a sesaon ticket holder I hope not.

Fans don't realize as good as Schnieds was last 3 games, we only won 1 out of 3!! And this is not a knock on Schnieds rather showing we can still lose with unreal goaltending...With those stats Canucks should have won all 3 games.

This is why if Schnieder gets you a star foward, that trade makes wayy more sense. But it seems Lu has requested it out.

The way I see it Schnieder will give us great goal tending no doubt, but if no significant pieces are added up front, we aint going far.

We may end up being the 06/07 Canucks when Lu gave us unreal goaltending but we had zero offense.

If we do keep Schneids it won't be long before part of the fan base turns on him. Judging from some of his comments on how he is tired of how Luongo was treated makes me wonder exactly how long he'll want to stay here. It would serve some of the Luongo-haters right if they also indirectly drive Cory out of town as well.

As a sesaon ticket holder I hope not.

Did'nt you guy's here what Luongo said yesterday "I want to do what best for the team". Now, why don't you guy's do the same? i.e, get behind Schneider and the rest of the team. His last interview as a Canuck will hopefully unite our fanbase, and we'll all just support our team.

WE can go around and around on this one but just for fun...

If LU is the designated starter and #1 goalie for the team then yes, you put him back in for game 4. Teams sometimes switch goalies back and forth a number of times in a game. If the intent is to get the team to wake up, starting Cory in one game would be enough. Add to this that AV always states he puts the guys in that he feels give him the best chance of winning on a game by game basis and the message to Lu was crystal clear.

YOu can also look at the stats - Lu played great and let in 7 goals in 2 games. Cory played great and let in 4 in 3.33 games. DId the team play better in the last 3 games...perhaps a bit but Cory faced 81 shots in the last 2 regulation games. Certainly the team defence was not "tight" for Cory.

Archived