The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo To Florida

Everyone is speculating Florida as a team that is on Roberto's short list. Is this just because his home family or why would Florida do this when they have Markstrom?? I see this as one of the least likely destinations with such a good goaltender in the AHL.

Guest BuckFoston

He can go to Florida regardless of the fact that they have Jacob Markstrom. Luongo would serve as a good mentor, much like he did with Schneider.

Do you guy even know on what crappy terms he parted with Florida and how he openly discussed his displeasure and hurt with how they treated him? The man has an ounce of pride. Please explain to me why he would want to go there again and why Florida would get tangled up in it once more, family or no family. When he is in Vancouver, his wife and children are with him. It's not like he only gets to see them in the summer. Congratulations on more uninformed speculation.

Do you guy even know on what crappy terms he parted with Florida and how he openly discussed his displeasure and hurt with how they treated him? The man has an ounce of pride. Please explain to me why he would want to go there again and why Florida would get tangled up in it once more, family or no family. When he is in Vancouver, his wife and children are with him. It's not like he only gets to see them in the summer. Congratulations on more uninformed speculation.

Yet another person wrongfully assuming Luongo is picking a list of acceptable teams based on how good a trading partner they'd make with us. If he makes a list, he's doing it for places he'd like to play, not because they have or don't have a goalie in the system.

Granted, he probably doesn't want a repeat of this year, with a young goalie coming in to take his place, but that might be something he overlooks to play in Florida where his wife's family is.

Archived