The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nicklas Jensen And Highlight Film

tjolsen

The only reason I posted this here and not in the prospects section is that I think it is a possibility that he could make the Canucks next year....I think it will not happen but I think it is very possible.....What do you guys think?

highlights are about half way through....I think potentially when he is ready he could play along with the Sedins...is that a possible? lol

hm..... i see a very big problem that might or might not be dealt with easily.

Jensen is also #17.

Do you think the organisation will make him change his number like they did with Cody??

I thought they said that Jensen was a play-maker when they were talking about him on draft day...

I always thought he would be the winger to set up kes for snipes.

I dont see him making the team.

Sedin sedi burrows

Booth kesler Higgins

Hansen UFA PAHLSSON RFA RAYMOND

Kassian malhotra lapierre

We will likelly get at least one forward in the luongo or Schneider deal and we will likelly sign some forwards.

Here's how our line up will probally look like

Sedin sedin burrows

Booth kesler UFA OR TRADE

Highins UFA Hansen

Kassian/RFA RAYMOND lapierre malhotra

I really like him and I'm hoping to see him make the team next year. We need to develop some young players and he looked great last year in the preseason games. It's been a year since then and he's had even more experience. I like that he's okay with pronouncing his name Jensen instead of Yensen too.

Nicklas Jensen is a great winger, he has this awesome playing style which has the attributes of a powerforward, playmaker, and sniper all in one. He has a big body, listed 6'3" 202lbs (213lbs on his Wikipedia page). He has great hands and, as stated, an awesome wrist shot. He has solid speed and awesome Hockey IQ, making him very good on the rush where he can either dangle through the d-men, power through them or make a good pass to an open teammate. His game is more suited to pro-level hockey and that has shown with his scoring 6 goals in 8 games for our AHL affiliate, the Chicago Wolves. In his first playoff game in his pro career, he scored 2 goals, giving him a scoring streak of 5 periods. In these highlights from the Wolves he scores at 1:45 and 2:44, both goals came from in close to the net and showing his great release and finish in the slot.

As you can see, he has awesome finish and is flourishing in a professional environment. I think that if he can have a solid offseason of training (perhaps with Gary Roberts) and another excellent training camp, he will get his 9 games in, but I don't think he will make the team full time for another couple years. Unfortunately, Nicklas Jensen is currently injured with a concussion that he received while taking an elbow to the face from Alex Petrovic in game 2 of the Wolves' 1st round. It has been reported to be a minor concussion, but the doctor has forbade him from practising or playing over the next few days. Here's to a quick and full recovery to our awesome prospect Nicklas!

Jensen is also #17.

Do you think the organisation will make him change his number like they did with Cody??

I thought they said that Jensen was a play-maker when they were talking about him on draft day...

The only reason I posted this here and not in the prospects section is that I think it is a possibility that he could make the Canucks next year....I think it will not happen but I think it is very possible.....What do you guys think?

highlights are about half way through....I think potentially when he is ready he could play along with the Sedins...is that a possible? lol

Nicklas Jensen is a great winger, he has this awesome playing style which has the attributes of a powerforward, playmaker, and sniper all in one. He has a big body, listed 6'3" 202lbs (213lbs on his Wikipedia page). He has great hands and, as stated, an awesome wrist shot. He has solid speed and awesome Hockey IQ, making him very good on the rush where he can either dangle through the d-men, power through them or make a good pass to an open teammate. His game is more suited to pro-level hockey and that has shown with his scoring 6 goals in 8 games for our AHL affiliate, the Chicago Wolves. In his first playoff game in his pro career, he scored 2 goals, giving him a scoring streak of 5 periods. In these highlights from the Wolves he scores at 1:45 and 2:44, both goals came from in close to the net and showing his great release and finish in the slot.

As you can see, he has awesome finish and is flourishing in a professional environment. I think that if he can have a solid offseason of training (perhaps with Gary Roberts) and another excellent training camp, he will get his 9 games in, but I don't think he will make the team full time for another couple years. Unfortunately, Nicklas Jensen is currently injured with a concussion that he received while taking an elbow to the face from Alex Petrovic in game 2 of the Wolves' 1st round. It has been reported to be a minor concussion, but the doctor has forbade him from practising or playing over the next few days. Here's to a quick and full recovery to our awesome prospect Nicklas!

Nicklas picked number 17 upon joining the Generals at his teammates' recommendation, they thought that it was appropriate because that is Ilya Kovalchuk's number and they thought that his wrist shot was as good as Kovy's and he was a similar player. It is not a big problem at all and he isn't even wearing #17 in the AHL (that is currently Mike Duco's number) and is wearing #36 (likely because of Jannik). He will have no problem wearing any number we give him, although, personally, I would like to see him in #71 when he makes the team. An interesting fact is that, we had another prospect who wore #17 all through his career until reaching the NHL, we now know him as Honey Badger :bigblush: .

As for Nicklas reportedly being a playmaker, that is true to a certain extent. Jensen is a powerforward predominantly, although not in the truest sense as he will never be a physically dominant player, but he uses his size well to protect the puck and battle it out in the slot. He has great hockey IQ and sees the ice just as well, He can make good passes to an open player or use his laser of a shot to attempt to score. Ultimately he will be a very solid top 6 player, if we develop him properly, who will be able to play in any situation, or forward position (he played center on the pk for Team Denmark and was surprisingly proficient on the faceoff, and he can play either wing).

We have a real gem on our hands, we just need to refine it properly. ::D

If you look at Jensen's OHL stats, they are very good but not stellar -- roughly a point a game, equally split between goals and assists. He has a promising start in the AHL.

I am worried that AV has a history of not giving young players a chance. On the other hand, AV clearly likely Jensen at last year's camp. He has the big body that the coach likes. I think that he has pretty good chance of making the team in October.

Jensen is also #17.

Archived