The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Interesting Analysis From The Edmonton Journal

Curmudgeon

Nice article. We have too many GOOD defencemen. We need to have a GREAT defencemen. We have the tools and players to get a trade done. That's really all we need and I think we all know it. Not exactly Weber, but somebody that can log 28 minutes and anchor our team. Actually, Weber sounds nice.

Weber will be a RFA this summer and could be had...........for the right price. Whatever that price may be, Gillis should pay it.

Giving up either Bieksa or Edler, in combination with a couple of players (Booth, Raymond) for Shea Weber is what the Canucks need moving forward. To hold onto the present defensive configuration any longer is nonsense.

Vancouver needs to swallow hard and get an elite player now. Weber would answer many of the issues they face. And he would be welcome in Vancouver as a hometown hero.

Weber will be a RFA this summer and could be had...........for the right price. Whatever that price may be, Gillis should pay it.

Giving up either Bieksa or Edler, in combination with a couple of players (Booth, Raymond) for Shea Weber is what the Canucks need moving forward. To hold onto the present defensive configuration any longer is nonsense.

Vancouver needs to swallow hard and get an elite player now. Weber would answer many of the issues they face. And he would be welcome in Vancouver as a hometown hero.

The Canucks under Gillis give up on their ace in the hole for prospects instead of packaging him for a top D man or top 6 for Kes.

I don't get it.Now we are faced with giving up Luo cuz they chose to dump him in favour of Schneids when the GM 'knew' since February that the team sucked,anyways.

Is anybody running this ship?

We need to stop taking penalties. We are either the most penalized or in the top 3. And looking at our play in the first round confirms the "cult" report from Edmonton. Those turnovers killed us. I love the Canucks open style but that cannot come with the number of turnovers we had.

And then there is back checking. Look at the OT loser that ended it for us. Look who could have back checked Kopitar but did not skate.

An Elite D does not panic into a turnover.

Well it's clear we need a true #1 D man but how the heck do we get one? I mean Preds won't let Weber go and if they did trade him it'll be to the East. So if Weber won't sign longer than a year and the Preds are open to trading him... Edler, Schroeder and our 2012 1st for Weber, they get back a young top pairing D man++ we get an elite #1. I'd offer Kesler but I think they'd want Edler back if they lost Suter to UFA and Weber was going to leave as a UFA, getting a top pairing D man like Edler would help them more so than Kesler.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler (OPEN)

Higgins Pahlsson Hansen

Malhotra Lappy Kassian

Ballard Weber

Hamhuis Bieksa

(OPEN) Tanev/Salo

Luongo/Scheinder

Lack

would like a big gritty tough guy on Sedins wing and Burrows on the 2nd line, it would balance things out more.

He's improved, yes. But where are you going to find minutes for him in his natural position? Take minutes away from Hamhuis and Edler? At his salary cap, he needs to play top 4. If he can't, then I think he should be traded for a TOP defenseman - a missing piece that sensible people here have been crying about for the last couple of years.

Archived