The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trading With Toronto. Why We Should Take Their 'cap Dump'

Phaneuf for Luongo straight up. Say what you want, he's exactly what our team needs - a big, angry defenceman who can score some points and probably threw the biggest hits all of last season.

Edler - Phaneuf

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev/Salo (for 1 million)

That's a Cup winning defence. Maybe find a shutdown guy for depth and we're set.

Phaneuf for Luongo straight up. Say what you want, he's exactly what our team needs - a big, angry defenceman who can score some points and probably threw the biggest hits all of last season.

Edler - Phaneuf

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev/Salo (for 1 million)

That's a Cup winning defence. Maybe find a shutdown guy for depth and we're set.

I thought you said they just had one piece? Are we backtracking now? I am not disagreeing with the notion that Toronto and Vancouver are not good trading partners. I just disagree that they have just one piece. Aside from Kessel these are the pieces I wouldn't mind having on the Hawks.

Gardiner: best rookie defenseman this year

Lupul: good playmaker on the wing

Bozak: would make a nice third line center, can take FOs and does a good job on PK

Gunnarsson: Dont know much about him, but he is cheap and can eat up a lot of minutes

Franson: decent depth defenseman

Blacker: Haven't seen much of him either but from what I hear he is pretty decent

Kadri: still young can still manage to turn his career around

Colborne: Big center with good hands but questionable skating ability

Kulemin: Will be a great third liner on any team.

The thing is, I don't see Burke trading Gardiner, Bozak, Blacker, or Kulemin. Even so, you would honestly consider trading Lu for a package that would include guys like Lupul, Franson, Colborne, etc? Not a chance that would happen.

I like the trade. Connolly is a a solid offensive performer when healthy. 5 on 5 he was a lot more productive than Kesler this season, and would give us a scoring line centre (moving Kesler into a role checking other teams top players). He is shifty and a good playmaker which complements Booth's game. Booth - Connolly - Higgins would be a line with a nice balance of size, speed, grit, goal scoring, passing, checking and defensive awareness.

Schenn is a big strong defenseman and only 22 years old. He could develop into a gem for Vancouver.

Maybe we should throw in Raymond as well to get rid of salary (he is a Nonis player anyway).

Archived