The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hansen Playing For Team Denmark

Panjodh

God, you're another one of those people who thinks hockey games are won and lost soley by the goalie. If you want to look at stats why don't you look at the whole picture. Canucks scored 1 less goal in game 4 (when Schneids played) than they did in the first 3 games (2 of which Lou played). If you're going to look at why a team won or lost you can't cherry pick the statistics you like just to prove your point.

P.S. thanks for the guy who posted 4x, got to +1 them all :)

Yes, offense was better with Schnieder, but could this possibly be a testament to the fact that the team is more comfortable in from of him...'

And even if your team doesn't generate offense, I can't see how that is an excuse to have a .886 sv% in game 2... just because your team isn't generating offense doesn't mean that the goalie gets an automatic excuse for poor play... even if the canucks did generate offense, would they be able to score 5 goals to beat the King's 4?

Superb goalies are supposed to win games for you, and I find all to often Luongo gives them away...

So, it's Luongo's fault that the team plays like crap and gives up ridiculous chances and he lets in goals on those blow out games? In game 6, the team was playing good in the finals, and Luongo didn't do anything. That was him. But in all honesty, the team played like ass in front of him in 3 +4 + 7, and in the Chicago series they were very, very sketchy. It was never his fault. He played fantastic in the wins, and played like a normal goalie in the losses given what happened. He seriously does not deserve all the criticism he gets.

As Schneider showed, it doesn't matter how good a goalie plays when this team decides to not really bother offensively. Schneider gave up ONE bad rebound in game 3, and it was in the back of the net. He didn't make ONE odd man rush save out of many, and it was the series ender.

To me, 'giving them a chance', honestly isn't enough. Our goalies should not have to play as well as they did against LA and be at risk of losing. They both played amazing in every game that series, and it wasn't enough. The defense, the offense, and the system they play in general needs work and change before the goalies.

Regardless of that though? I'm glad Schneider, Hansen, and Burrows are starting to get real credit around the league, and from their respective coutnries.

Archived