The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lu For Schenn And 2Nd Rounder

Trying to make a realistic proposal here, sorry if it´s already been posted. So we´ve been hearing a lot about Toronto being a front runner for Luongo, regardless of how poorly I think Luongo would do in that market, here is a proposal that I think would be realistic.

To Vancouver:

Luke Schenn

2nd round pick

To Toronto:

Roberto Luongo

Luongo´s got a bad contract, we´ve gotta face it. Toronto is a team that can handle a front loaded contract, but it is still way too long. Luke Schenn has had issues in Toronto, but I still believe him to be a top 4 dman. The 2nd rounder is very early and around the area where we got Jensen last year (and we all love Jensen). I just think that the people thinking we´re getting Hedman are dreaming.

Honestly, I don't think Luke Schenn is worth trying to get anymore.

He was developed poorly by the Maple Leaf farm system and has been playing mistake-prone hockey for four full NHL seasons now.

At this stage in his career, getting him and properly developing him under our system would be like shoving toothpaste back in the tube: nearly impossible and a waste of time and effort.

Honestly, I don't think Luke Schenn is worth trying to get anymore.

He was developed poorly by the Maple Leaf farm system and has been playing mistake-prone hockey for four full NHL seasons now.

At this stage in his career, getting him and properly developing him under our system would be like shoving toothpaste back in the tube: nearly impossible and a waste of time and effort.

I could really see this happening.

I would welcome Schenn here with open arms.

The kid has a great attitude and is a hard worker. He is the kind of person that would not be a weak link on a tem but instead would step up his game when surrounded by better players. He has toughness, leadership qualities, and is the older brother of Brayden Schenn. Genetics definitely mean something.

Makes sense on a lot of levels. Fills a need for Canucks.... RD and a stay at home type. Has size and truculence something we lack. Needs to regain confidence and a change of scenery could be good for him. Also contract is 4.6 million which works for both teams as we are both up against the cap ceilings.

Trying to make a realistic proposal here, sorry if it´s already been posted. So we´ve been hearing a lot about Toronto being a front runner for Luongo, regardless of how poorly I think Luongo would do in that market, here is a proposal that I think would be realistic.

To Vancouver:

Luke Schenn

2nd round pick

To Toronto:

Roberto Luongo

Luongo´s got a bad contract, we´ve gotta face it. Toronto is a team that can handle a front loaded contract, but it is still way too long. Luke Schenn has had issues in Toronto, but I still believe him to be a top 4 dman. The 2nd rounder is very early and around the area where we got Jensen last year (and we all love Jensen). I just think that the people thinking we´re getting Hedman are dreaming.

Makes sense on a lot of levels. Fills a need for Canucks.... RD and a stay at home type. Has size and truculence something we lack. Needs to regain confidence and a change of scenery could be good for him. Also contract is 4.6 million which works for both teams as we are both up against the cap ceilings.

Archived