The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver - Toronto

Ok my idea here is to inject some scoring into Vancouver and fill a void on the right wing, with the sedins. I would love to see a pure goal scorer, who can stay on a line with them. It's probably going to cost a lot but I feel a slight overpayment could do the Canucks well next year.

To Vancouver:

Phil kessel (5.4)

To Toronto:

Robert luongo (5.3)

Jannik Hansen (1.3) or first round pick 2012 entry draft

In this case I feel jannik is a much better bargaining chip than raymond, with a lesser cap hit. Hansen has had a very good year and was one of our decent players during the playoffs. I think he would be a good fit in Toronto and add some depth, to make up for them losing kessel. Luongo should be a great addition to torontos defence which stays intact. They should make the playoffs I feel with those two additions. We get:

Sedin sedin kessel

Booth Kesler burrows

Higgins Pahlsson Kassian

Raymond maholtra Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa

Elder salo

Ballard Tanev

Schneider

Backup

After maybe another small upgrade to our defence/ third-fourth lines. I would at least be happy we have a legit first line that could pose a real threat. Suddenly the sedins have someone frightening to cycle the puck to. I really think Hansen would be good in Toronto too. They would lost some scoring, but Hansen fills in and luongo should at least get them to post season.

Hey, I'm impressed someone is actually suggesting a key forward for the Twins. I cackle every time someone thinks we should get another "something" to play with Ryan Kesler. A good pickup for the Twins, and Burrows falls back with RK17. And Kessel is talented intriguing; looked like he might lead the league in scoring this year.

But he's also a bit of a wienie, he has played very un-inspiring hockey for several years prior to this year & then finished un-inspiring again. If you would believe NHL dot com player polls, that would leave us the #3, #2 & #1 easiest to intimidate players in the league on one line. Soft as marshmallows?

And Burke has an awful lot, mentally & financially, invested in Kessel.

All in all, nothing more than fun conversation.

:rolleyes:

Ok my idea here is to inject some scoring into Vancouver and fill a void on the right wing, with the sedins. I would love to see a pure goal scorer, who can stay on a line with them. It's probably going to cost a lot but I feel a slight overpayment could do the Canucks well next year.

To Vancouver:

Phil kessel (5.4)

To Toronto:

Robert luongo (5.3)

Jannik Hansen (1.3) or first round pick 2012 entry draft

In this case I feel jannik is a much better bargaining chip than raymond, with a lesser cap hit. Hansen has had a very good year and was one of our decent players during the playoffs. I think he would be a good fit in Toronto and add some depth, to make up for them losing kessel. Luongo should be a great addition to torontos defence which stays intact. They should make the playoffs I feel with those two additions. We get:

Sedin sedin kessel

Booth Kesler burrows

Higgins Pahlsson Kassian

Raymond maholtra Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa

Elder salo

Ballard Tanev

Schneider

Backup

After maybe another small upgrade to our defence/ third-fourth lines. I would at least be happy we have a legit first line that could pose a real threat. Suddenly the sedins have someone frightening to cycle the puck to. I really think Hansen would be good in Toronto too. They would lost some scoring, but Hansen fills in and luongo should at least get them to post season.

By getting kessel you are doing the same thing to Jensen/Kassian Gillis did to Hodgson when he signed Malhotra, traded for Lapierre and Pahlsson... Crowded the position and eventually squeezed the guy out.

Youre doing the same thing here on RW.

I agree. Toronto would probably ask for the first rounder too at the least. Would end up being something like luongo hansen and a first. Which seems like overpayment, but I'd do it. I just hope for the day a player can actually just stay on the first line and not have a revolving door.

Hey, I'm impressed someone is actually suggesting a key forward for the Twins. I cackle every time someone thinks we should get another "something" to play with Ryan Kesler. A good pickup for the Twins, and Burrows falls back with RK17. And Kessel is talented intriguing; looked like he might lead the league in scoring this year.

But he's also a bit of a wienie, he has played very un-inspiring hockey for several years prior to this year & then finished un-inspiring again. If you would believe NHL dot com player polls, that would leave us the #3, #2 & #1 easiest to intimidate players in the league on one line. Soft as marshmallows?

And Burke has an awful lot, mentally & financially, invested in Kessel.

All in all, nothing more than fun conversation.

:rolleyes:

Archived