The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Season Tickets And An Early Exit

PunPryde

Facing an early exit means people are going to get hungrier over this summer as opposed to last summer when everyone was still so let down from having almost won everything. The result was a numb fan-base who couldn't care any less about the regular season and wanted to fast-forward to game 7 of the SCF.

There is a small upside to all of this. A very small up side. But I'll definitely be more excited by the start of a new season.

nope. i'd say if anything we'll see another price increase, plus more people on the blueline as the economic conditions have somewhat stabilized. plus an ever increasing # of speculators. if you look at the other canadian hockey markets and the history of those markets our best bet on wait list decreasing, price decreases, will be maybe the next time the nucks do a 5 year rebuild(still unlikely to yield the result you're after but it has a chance), or we have a huge subtraction event in the economy, ie if the housing market or resource prices/dollar collapsed. so short term don't expect any decreases. but the long term ie 10-20 year outlook looks pretty bad for canada so theres hope yet!

My uncle got on the blue line when he was 20, and he is 42, and still waiting for the ultimate season tickets. But he got a call from the Canucks Tickets and they said this coming season, he would get three season tickets.

Guest BuckFoston

I thought their chance at redemption was this year after last year's choke. Now they have to redeem themselves for this year too? What a work load.

I doubt people who are willing to shell out thousands of dollars for season tickets are those who jump on the wagon. Those people would be commited, die-hard fans who have already been through good times and bad. So no, I doubt it'll speed it up, perhaps a handfill of people will drop out, but enough to effect you? Nah.

I doubt people who are willing to shell out thousands of dollars for season tickets are those who jump on the wagon. Those people would be commited, die-hard fans who have already been through good times and bad. So no, I doubt it'll speed it up, perhaps a handfill of people will drop out, but enough to effect you? Nah.

Sooooo, the only bright spot I can find of this early exit is maybe more people will not renew their season tickets this year? Allowing us on the blueline waitlist to move up a bit faster? :)

Archived