The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eye Opening Article

CoreyPerry

Nothing new here.

The Nucks big chance was last year.  They didn't get it done and now have made changes that leave them without an identity.  They are caught between upgrades and rebuilding and appear to be making things up as they go.

Not likely they will be favorites again for many years to come.

I think the fact that we suffocate our young players under AV's system will assure us that we will never have any "gems" come through our ranks. Don't know about you guys but I'm sensing a hint of snide arrogance in our core group starting with management. Something doesn't seem right to me. Where has AV been?? Has anyone heard a word from him after the last game?

I'm actually quite excited about a few of Vancouver's prospects and see their future as a bright spot. Kevin Connauton is getting real close to being NHL ready. I'm also impressed with Nicholas Jensens progress. But one player I'm following with great intrigue is Alexander Grenier. A 6'5" right winger with similar numbers to Jensen. He too, seems to be only a couple of years away if he keeps progressing.

I see their window staying open for years to come. Of course the Sedins decline and subsequent retirement will affect the team; but, in my opinion, not terribly. When they start their decline, they will drop to second line status and so on, relinquishing top line duties to younger, faster players.

Six seasons. Five Northwest Division titles. Two Presidents’ Trophies. A Stanley Cup Finals appearance. Two Vezina nominations. One Hart Trophy nomination. One Lester B. Pearson nomination. One Jennings Trophy. Two team MVPs. A record of 224-115-41. A goals-against-average of 2.35. A save percentage of .920.

Not eye opening at all. What he said most hard core Canucks fans should already know.

The window of opportunity is with Sedins here. We know that.

"We are nowhere like the Red wings."

Look at the standings the past 2 seasons. We finished way ahead of them.

"They draft gems" yes true and we are hoping to do the same one day with a late pick, however, the Redwings have yet to draft a "gem" since 1999, that has the potential to be like Zetterberg or a Datsyuk. Honestly, we see Zetterberg and Datsyuik, they have good players too, Holmstrom, Franzen, but honestly, Henrik and Pavel Dastyuk, stands out the most, and they haven't really drafted an all star player since Zetterberg.

"We don't have a Lidstrom."

No sh!@ Einstein, He's one of the best of all time, and we came 1 win short last year, without a "Lidstrom." Personally I would love for us to go after Suter, because he is Vezina calibre, and can take us over the top. But from the sounds of it, it sounds like he's a huge Luongo fan, which is totally fine with me. But is not eye opening at all.

Game 7 we were SHUTOUT...who gets shutout in a game 7 for the freakin cup?!  That is pathetic.  Thats like a team only getting a field goal in a Superbowl, chances are you not winning.  People think it was 4-0 in the first 10mins of game 7 when that was not the case.  I think it was only 1-0 or 2-0 going into the 3rd, and we couldn't even get 1.

By that logic, Detroit should've trade Steve Yzerman, Boston should've parted ways with Tim Thomas, and Pittsburgh should've dropped Crosby on his ass the minute they lost to Detroit. In fact, they should still drop Crosby and get rid of that useless bum Malkin while they're at it, they haven't won a Cup in over what, 3 years now?

It's obviously not working, so why stop at Luongo, let's blow up the whole team!!! Sign Andre Agassi, quit the NHL and start a professional tennis franchise! This hockey thing just isn't working out.

Archived