The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

My Fire Survival Interview On Cbc

thad

Im sure most of you have heard about the lakeland sawmill explosion in prince george bc last monday night. Well i was working there that night and miraculously survived the explosion and fire. on thursday or friday(i cant remember what day) i got to leave the hospital for a few hours and cbc was outside and asked is i would talk to them about it. I agreed to tell my story on how i got out and everything as long as they didnt ask me any questions on causes or or the cleanup issues that are being talked about alot right now. i didnt want to get into the finger pointing or politics of the safety issues as there will be a time and place for that later on.

anyways, they made their news story wiht the interview but also posted the full interview and here it is

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Canada/BC/1258521056/ID=2228000424

Wow I can't believe you went through that

It's amazing how you were so calm and were able to think rationally in such a panic situation. It saved your life.

I'm sure your injuries must be super painful but it sounds like you're going to be ok which is great to hear. Also so amazing that the community is coming together to support you guys.

Best wishes to you and all your colleagues for a full recovery

I am on a dial up internet so did not watch the interview.

That said I would suggest if counseling is offered, take it. Faulty/illogical guilt can be debilitating

WAs there much asbestos inside the mill? if so look at getting on the asbestos monitoring study,I think it is at UBC.You may have been exposed by the blast turning the asbestos into micro air borne particles.Think long term on this(about 20-30 years down the road) before damage becomes apparent.

Glad you made it out.

Stories like yours remind all of us just how much we should value and live life.

Hey Thad! Saw you outside the hospital this morning and then again when you were in line behind me in the cafeteria later. Recognized you from your interview with the CBC guys!

Glad to hear you were one of the 'lucky' ones and that your burns are beginning to heal. Continued best wishes for a good recovery and that you won't have to hang out at PGH much longer! *hugs*

Hey Thad! Saw you outside the hospital this morning and then again when you were in line behind me in the cafeteria later. Recognized you from your interview with the CBC guys!

Glad to hear you were one of the 'lucky' ones and that your burns are beginning to heal. Continued best wishes for a good recovery and that you won't have to hang out at PGH much longer! *hugs*

Archived