The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade Proposals

1st trade

To Tbl: Cory Schneider

To Van: 1st Round Pick (10th Overall)

2nt trade

To Mtl: Roberto Luongo, Alex Burrows, Tampa's 1st Round Pick (10th Overall)

To Van: Carey Price, 1st Round Pick (3rd Overall)

Sign Price to a 5 year @ $5.25 mill

Win-Win trade for all three teams. Tampa finally get's a goalie, Habs get a goalie born from Montreal so he will be motivated to play well. They get a 25-goal scorer and clutch player in burrows. He's also French. And even though they lose the 3rd overall pick, they get the 10th overall pick back. Canucks get a goalie born in BC and can play well in Vancouver, still very young and yet to hit his prime. And they get the 3rd overall pick in the 2012 draft. I know a lot would not let Burrows go or would be disappointed after all he's done for us. But seriously, If we can get the 3rd overall pick, I would do it. You have to give up something to get something. You can't expect to get good returns for plugs like Raymond or Ballard. Trade them away for whatever you can get which isn't much.

Finally, I'm sure Jackets are going to draft Yakupov so Canucks should draft either Grigorenko or Murray depending on who Oiler's draft.

Then in the offseason sign Parise or Suter for 5 years @ 6 mill each depending who we draft. I.E. If we draft Murray, sign Parise and vice versa.

And finally, I don't think Montreal would do this trade in the end though

So we lose two Grade A goaltenders and best value forward in the league. In exchange we get a cry baby goalie who can't hack the comparatively laid back Montreal media, and a kid who won't be able to play this year.

As much as I like Price, this is a terrible proposal. I wouldn't even trade Burr for him, never mind the rest.

lol you guys are dumb this is a very good proposal. One of our goalie's is going to leave either way so it doesn't really matter. And Price> Luongo and Schneider. And if we can get that 3rd overall pick. Guaranteed he will be in the starting line up next year. It's funny how people actually think we're going to get anything good for Luongo. Open your eyes, his contract is horrible and we're not going to get much return for him. But I do agree that Habs probably won't trade their star goalie so whatever. Thought it would be good for luongo and price to go play in their hometown. They might be better that way, particularly talking about Luongo

lol you guys are dumb this is a very good proposal. One of our goalie's is going to leave either way so it doesn't really matter. And Price> Luongo and Schneider. And if we can get that 3rd overall pick. Guaranteed he will be in the starting line up next year. It's funny how people actually think we're going to get anything good for Luongo. Open your eyes, his contract is horrible and we're not going to get much return for him. But I do agree that Habs probably won't trade their star goalie so whatever. Thought it would be good for luongo and price to go play in their hometown. They might be better that way, particularly talking about Luongo

You're a blind moron if you think Price > Luongo and Schneider. Both Roberto and Cory have put up better numbers than Price has in his entire career. So in the end:

Luongo >> Price

Schneider >>>> Price

And if you trade Burrows, you trade the heart and soul of this team.

Interesting discussion but I will weigh in and say Price has the highest value. Luongo is older. Schneider is unproven in a starting role. Price is the youngest, already proven and if he has a solid D in front of him, just as good as the other two.

You're a blind moron if you think Price > Luongo and Schneider. Both Roberto and Cory have put up better numbers than Price has in his entire career. So in the end:

Luongo >> Price

Schneider >>>> Price

And if you trade Burrows, you trade the heart and soul of this team.

Archived