The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks First Line(Revolving Door)

Special Ed

Hey everyone I just wanted to elaborate on something I have been thinking about lately. And that's how tired I am of the revolving right wing, with the sedins. Without knocking burrows, who I think is great. I really feel like he's more suited on the second line with Kesler.

How many players have played with the sedins on the first line? You want to talk about goalie graveyard how about that first line right wing position. I have often felt that with the sedins elite cycle and passing game, that we should plant a legit pure scorer with them. We need to take advantage of the fact that the clock is ticking(on the sedins) and the time is now.

I was a little dissapointed when we didn't land gaborik and he went to the rangers. I wish we could pry a guy like kessel out of Toronto - I mean Toronto hasn't exactly been a power since acquiring him, maybe things aren't working out there. The point is to have a legit first line right wing and how many options are out there? How many fans would like to see that or do we just keep revolving players? Is it even fathomable to pick up a player of that calibre?

This is my petition to try and pick up someone who will stay o the right wing, with the Sedins. Maybe that would also help boost our second line and have a trickle down effect. We have experimented rotations maybe now let's experiment a legit first line. So let me know what you think. If thats just not a good option, or if maybe we should take advantage of those two crazy passing guys we got.

Signed,

Sedin Sedin ?????

A big gritty RW with hands is exactly what the Sedins need on their line. They need someone out there that can push back along with a couple of big solid dmen.

I agree that the 1st line RW is the spot that needs fixing. Lets see what comes our way when MG trades either Luongo or Schneider(my fingers and toes are crossed in he hope that we can land Nash).

The perfect player to play with the Sedins is Iginla. The downside is that he is getting up there age wise but he is the one guy that would put us in solid contention for the cup.....experience, leadership, grit and scoring.

A big gritty RW with hands is exactly what the Sedins need on their line. They need someone out there that can push back along with a couple of big solid dmen.

I agree that the 1st line RW is the spot that needs fixing. Lets see what comes our way when MG trades either Luongo or Schneider(my fingers and toes are crossed in he hope that we can land Nash).

The perfect player to play with the Sedins is Iginla. The downside is that he is getting up there age wise but he is the one guy that would put us in solid contention for the cup.....experience, leadership, grit and scoring.

Since they broke up Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson, I don't think there's a team in the league that has a set-in-stone first line.

A lot of teams have duos that usually stick together on their top line (Sedin-Sedin, Stamkos-St. Louis, Tanguay-Iginla, Backstrom-Ovechkin...), and change who fills the 3rd spot according to performance and needs. So I don't see a problem in that continuing.

What we really need is a permanent fixture alongside Kesler that works, so we can keep that duo together and have them develop some chemistry. Hopefully Kes and Booth were serious when they said they were going to practice together in the offseason. Then we can just revolve Burrows/Hansen/(Malone?) with them and the twins.

yea I was thinking about that I know burrows is good but he's more suited to be a second liner. We need a consistent player with the sedins. I was thinking we can get Bobby Ryan. He's young, he's got the hands, and his contract isn't that bad at 5.1 mill/season. Perry would be a better fit but there's no way Ducks going to let him go. Nash is good but his salary is just too much to take in at 7.7 mill

lol is this thread serious? no they don't need anybody else .. and no burrows is not suited for the second line.. his stats can prove my point.. he's a first line player with the SEDINS.. - 30+ goals.. this yeear sedins and burr had an off season.. but next year it'll be the same thing again..

WHY FIX SOMETHING THAT IS NOT BROKEN! !

Archived