The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Doctors Unhappy About Mcdonald's Being Sponsor For London Olympics

The doctors should be more worried about the billion or so people that will be sitting on their ass drinking beer more than usual because of the olympics.

Of course, you win more friends scolding the corporations than you do scolding the public......

That's actually a myth. It has nothing to do with preservatives. It's the shape of the fries and the burgers. They dry out, which prevents them from growing mold.

In this experiment they took a McDonalds burger and a home-made burger made from all natural ingredients that was the same dimension as the McDonalds burger:

http://aht.seriousea...ng-results.html

Neither burger grew mold. McDonalds hamburgers and fries are cut very thin. This means they dry out easily and no mold will grow. If you place the burger in an airtight bag, mold will grow.

SO you are going to try and tell me that McDonald fries have no preservatives unlike a potato I buy in the store? Basically what you are saying is that they dry out before they mold. What if McDonald's fries are put into an airtight container right away? They should mold like anything else, but they don't.

As for the burgers, I don't care if they mold or not (same with the fries really) the nutrition facts speak for themselves.

World's Largest McDonald's to Open at 2012 London Olympics

McDonald's will open its biggest restaurant yet at the 2012 London Olympics. The fast food restaurant will be the half the size of a football field and aims to serve 50,000 Big Macs.

Fitting...

World's Largest McDonald's to Open at 2012 London Olympics

McDonald's will open its biggest restaurant yet at the 2012 London Olympics. The fast food restaurant will be the half the size of a football field and aims to serve 50,000 Big Macs.

Fitting...

SO you are going to try and tell me that McDonald fries have no preservatives unlike a potato I buy in the store? Basically what you are saying is that they dry out before they mold. What if McDonald's fries are put into an airtight container right away? They should mold like anything else, but they don't.

As for the burgers, I don't care if they mold or not (same with the fries really) the nutrition facts speak for themselves.

Potatoes, vegetable oil (canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor [wheat and milk derivatives]*, citric acid [preservative]), dextrose, sodium acid

pyrophosphate (maintain color), salt. Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent.

Why are the doctors so mad?

More McDonald's customers = more unhealthy people.

More unhealthy people = more doctor's visits.

More doctor's visits = more money for doctors.

I feel sooo bad for those poor doctors. lol

Why are the doctors so mad?

More McDonald's customers = more unhealthy people.

More unhealthy people = more doctor's visits.

More doctor's visits = more money for doctors.

I feel sooo bad for those poor doctors. lol

People find it to be delicious and have cravings for fast food. I don't understand either, I find it to be pretty disgusting. Regardless, McDonald's is doing nothing wrong sponsoring the Olympics. They've done so for a while, I don't see what the big deal is

McDonald's isn't the reason people are obese. People are obese because they are lazy, lack self control, and don't take responsibility for themselves.

Outside of a select few that have hormonal disorders or a genetic disposition I have no sympathy for them.

Archived