The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don Cherry's History With The Canucks

juliusgulius

Hello my name is Julian and this is my first post on this forum. I just finished keep you head up kid, and wrath of grapes the don cherry story, and in the first one it shows all the teams that he played for in the AHL and other league's, but it missed the one thing that I was really looking forward to seeing, and when I made a comment about it on youtube I got ripped to shreds by the hockey fans, some of the people flaming me were even Canucks fans, anyways I have been reading the discussion on this forum for about a month now and can see that the users on this site have extensive knowledge on everything Canucks related and I just wanted to know, is it common knowledge that Don Cherry played for the Vancouver Canucks? I just found it out a couple months ago, it was a different league, the WHL but I just thought it was kinda cool, he even won a Lester Patrick cup with them in 68/69

Welcome OP.

I think part of the reason he gives Canucks a hard time, is because he is a true blue Leafs fan. Ultimately though, he is a Canadian market fan and it shows when he talks.

33 games and 6 points later. Another useless topic, he played for rochester the same year he became their coach, and won coach of the year.

and to add, the acting and dialogue in both of the cherry tv movies was soo horrendous it made it hard to watch more then 1/4 of either of them, just my opinion. Enjoy your day sirs/maams.

yup. i knew that, i grew up by the old pacific coliseum, so canuck history was unfolding before my eyes as a child...

here's a thought on dan strawberry ( i call him that becuase of his pronunciations of lulong n beksia ), he's weak on his politics and comes off as mr. know it all.... and i bet in the late 60's he was pro viet-nam war which was a very unpopular war especially with all the hippies in vancouver and most of the world, so he despized our great city from those experiences, he often mentions us as lefties, which is not true.

he is very much supportive of the war in afghanistan and iraq and speaks of a police state in hockey commentary ( go figger ), we watch hockey to escape the real world and then he invades it with his low ball observations which i find mostly annoying and have tuned him out.

Archived