The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-Chicago Trade

To Van: Patrick Kane

To Chi: Ruberto Luongo, Mason Raymonds rights, 1st round pick.

Vancouver gets a top 6 winger for Kesler to play with.

Chicago gets a good goaltender which they need, a speedy winger, and will end up with a prospect.

Win win deal for both sides.

Kane - Kesler - Booth = Cup

you have booth and kane both playing their off side fyi, but yes I agree especially since i suggested essentially the same trade a few days ago :P

There are VERY few available star goaltenders which makes luongo's or shneiders trade value really a lot higher than maybe it would be otherwise. Chitcago really really really really needs a decent goaltender.

I completely disagree with the guy that said we wouldnt have trouble scoring, infact, i would be scared of mad luongo, or vengeful luongo, because he will shut the door against us for trading him.

I am glad to see I am not the only canucks fan that really wants this to happen! I am greedy though because I want both Toews and Kane and don't care (accept Kesler and the sedins of course) who we have to give Chicago to get them!

Kane is a freak; Gillis is on record as saying we want character guys. What was the taxi cab issue?

Hockey is only part of the consideration, even though Kane is a brilliant talent!

I dont want Patrick 50 cent Kane

33 year old goalie with 10 years on his contract for a 23 year old star, why would the Hawks do this trade again? Not to mention Mason Raymond is a soft winger coming off a back injury and a late first round pick, yeah no thanks.

Archived