The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We Need A Captain Like Shane Doan...

Great time tonight at the game... Even spotted an old Pavel Bure jersey and Wendel Clark too.. Great to see the team doing well and the great news of getting closer to the team staying...

Doan is a beast... Really works hard... He's a great captain... Last guy off the ice in pre game.. Runs the drills, clears the pucks out of the net... He's a real leader... Gotta feel good for him.. Seems like a very good guy.

I'm soooo tired of all you people who say that the Sedins aren't leaders! Henrik is a great captain, he's good with the media, always works hard and is a great row model.

I'm even more tired of the people who say that they're weak and soft. Yeah, sure, they don't fight. Nor do they stand in front of the net, but look at them play! Look at all the abuse they get. They get smashed into the ice, and just get up and keep playing!

People don't seem to understand what great people, players and leaders they are.

You don't get it man. You're going into a corner with Hank on your tail, you're not worried because you know you're safe. You're going into the corner with Doan on your tail, you're thinking crap I gotta move fast or this guy is going to cause me some pain.

Hits, fights, scores... That's what you want as a leader... Not some soft serve like we got... This guy is a leader....

He created that goal the other night blasting the defender off the puck and getting the pass and going to the net...

Would be nice to have someone like The Doaner as our captain.. You can tell this man wants it!

You don't get it man. You're going into a corner with Hank on your tail, you're not worried because you know you're safe. You're going into the corner with Doan on your tail, you're thinking crap I gotta move fast or this guy is going to cause me some pain.

Archived