The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We Need A Captain Like Shane Doan...

Doan is still mad as hell about the refs and their non calls, especially Dustin Browns ugly knee on knee late in the game. Player injured; no penalty. LA wins. Its kinda obvious the refs were making sure LA ended it, so they can meet the Rangers.

I feel bad for Shane Doan.

He's worked so hard throughout his career, through all the Phoenix / Winnipeg fiasco, ownership problems, and finally getting his first real chance at the Stanley cup only to lose it to not only a better team, but to inconsistent-BS reffing.

Gotta feel for the guy.. he's the heart and soul of that team.

There are no other captains like Shane Doan. I would LOVE the Doaner to play for the Canucks, but I don't think he'll leave that franchise, and would he really be the same Doaner if he did? Trevor Linden was never the same for other teams.

No question Doan is a great team leader but I always felt people put way to much credit into the captain. IMO the Coyotes are all Mike Smith. Smith sucked in Tampa because Lecavalier is a weak leader and is thriving now because Doan gives him the power he needs?

Shane Doan is 35 years old turning 36 in October this year, Jerome Iginla is 34 turning 35 in July..

Henrik Sedin is 31 turning 32 in September. 4 years younger than Doan, 3 years younger than Jerome. Leadership is not the problem on the Canucks.

Giving up Short handed goals to the Kings and not Capitalizing on Powerplay Chances are what killed the Canucks this year.. Just like they almost killed the Canucks 2 years ago when Vancouver Dispatched the kings in 6 games.

Can we stop with all this crap being thrown at Henrik and Daniel all the time.

Between that and the crap hurled at Luongo you guys make Vancouver fans look like IDIOTS!

Archived