The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bob Cole, Please Stop

Okay CBC, enough is enough. It's almost embarassing. Not only can he not keep up with the flow of the game but he continuously messes up players name and shows no emphasis on any good scoring chances.

A perfect example is Philly's second goal tonight. If anyone has a video, check it out. Maybe the worst goal-call ever. And continuously calling Bryzgalov, "the goalie"??? Ughhhhh!!

Anyone else have any other Bob Cole moments?

He mixed up #8 with #9, big deal. Every announcer does that from time to time. Both players were on the ice at the time and in the vicinity of the puck.

Cole's eye sight is not what it used to be but he's still a lot better than most.

True story, 13 years ago, I had a friend who heard he was going to retire. He needs to go, I think he's brain is really slowing down. I also find it unprofessional for him not to get the pronunciations' right. This is something, Shorthourse or Hugston never gets wrong. I don't think he calls the game exciting at all. You want to know whois exciting? Chris Chuthbert.

True story, 13 years ago, I had a friend who heard he was going to retire. He needs to go, I think he's brain is really slowing down. I also find it unprofessional for him not to get the pronunciations' right. This is something, Shorthourse or Hugston never gets wrong. I don't think he calls the game exciting at all. You want to know whois exciting? Chris Chuthbert.

whoaaaaaaaa baby!

Bob Cole was the voice of hockey back in the day. I remember him and Harry Neale calling the games and he was great....anyone remember the 2002 Olympics, when Canada won the gold medal...he was so excited and proud to be Canadian and told everyone in Canada to stand up and cheer, or something like that, it was epic!

He's no longer #1 guy, but he'll be 80 next year and imo, he's still got the voice!

I actually have the booklet that the commentators use, and it's from the 1-0 game against LA late in the season and it shows all the stats that commentators like to say, like "Ryan Kesler has no points in 10 games" for example, or "Jannik Hansen's last goal was on Febuary 12th" or whatever it is, it's all these types of things, and there's tons of these stats and for both teams.

So maybe Cole doesn't read it, that's why he always messing things up, but either way he is a legend, with all respect to Foster Hewit, he will be considered the best of all time.

He makes games exciting, he always has and will until he is done. Regardless he is still great, he may not be the same he was 10-15 years ago but he can still capture the emotion of a game, and I always love his, "ohhhh babyyyyy"

Definetly a Legend.

I gotta add my voice to support for Bob Cole. What does it tell you that he's still got a job even when he screws up names once in awhile? I love the way he crafts his sentences, his tone, and he knows when to shut up and allow his colour man to speak. He gets excited with the "OH BABY!" etc.. on a great goal... but he doesn't overdo it like some of those American play-by-play announcers.

Hughson is good, but he's running out of phrases...."Great save ________"

Cuthbert has a weird high pitch annoying sound to his voice. Can't stand him.

Gord Miller talks more about anything BUT what's going on the ice. Its like he's having a competition with his colour man about who has more hockey knowledge. "And so and so was drafted 11th overall and was touted to be more of a defensive.......Oh they scored!"

No one will ever be better than Jim Robson.

unplug your centre speaker

Archived